Author Topic: Weight rollers  (Read 13102 times)

axy

• View Profile
Re: Weight rollers
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »
extreme dang, I nearly cried. I replaced my clutch for a new racing one as the old one was juddery and couldn't handle long motorway journeys (way very slippy afterwards) When I put the new clutch on and new torque spring on I forgot to put loctite on the flat nut, or torque it correctly (how stupid of me) I was excited to try it out. I then took it for a 40 miles ride, the flat nut came off so the clutch exploded to the outside of the clutch bell meaning it was permanently engaged so when I was sitting in traffic and had the brake on it was slipping in the bell. Extra force on the variator which heated up unbelievably, ruined the splines on the crank shaft, melted all the rollers so the plate was stuck out, belt caught on fire and was in a hundred pieces and then the nut came off the variator because it was so hot and all the metal bits in the rollers came out and destoryed what was left before a few came out the back of the variator cover :D really pleased. Got a second hand engine now but it runs poop, nothing like my old one. All I can say is loctite coat it on.

Loctite is just brand name, what exactly product of Loctite are you recommending?
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 07:23:02 PM »
Loctite is just brand name, what exactly product of Loctite are you recommending?

...blue threadlocker...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

grazo22

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 07:44:06 PM »
243 :) or 270 on stuff I'm never going to change again, but I never use that on my bike, only the car :)
Scooters are designed to be thrashed, you might as well test the design out :D

Always on the top speed run ;P

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 11:08:05 PM »
For the 250 (or P250S, same mechanicals there), the standard weight is 23x18 21G.  I just installed mine into my P250 and I love the performance.  No more dead spots.

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2010, 07:06:30 AM »
need more speed...115km/h!

could I order from ebay 18x14 16g and try mixing?
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2010, 07:21:16 AM »
Mixing the weights is never a good idea. You should only try mixing to find the best overall weight.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2010, 09:50:44 AM »
Been running 10g weights for 2 months now and got to admit around town its a blast. Mono away form the lights easily, but top speed suffered. Seems happy to sit around 95kmh, so I have a set of 12G dr pulleys going in this Friday, as its Easter and have the day off so time for a little tweak. Will let you know how it goes with the new heavier rollers. Really around town I would leave the 10g weights in, but with a 20km haul each way at 100kmh required, I need more top end.
Holty

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 02:29:01 AM »
That's good info! let us know how the Dr. Pulley's work out.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »
Yes, let us know...

I just ordered 12g.....and sets of springs 1-1,5-2....going to do that in a month (Croatia delivery from ebay think is china)....

FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
Funny thing to note, when I fitted the Dr Pulley variator it made the whole bike smoother, but didnt seem to change the way it revved, pulled or top end at all. The seller was very specific that it was bigger and more top speed, but I honestly saw no change. Has anyone used the material Torque pads that come with these? I saw them as a take and never fitted them, but maybe I need to?
Just my 5 cents....
Holty

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2010, 08:02:40 PM »
Three things to look at. If you are refering to the v shaped wedges, they MUST be used. 2, the overrange pulley requires a longer belt due to the extra travel. The stock belt can only travel so far. 3, the sliders may be upside down in the var. Shaka described how to install them in a prior post. I hope 1 or all of these helps!

dwnthehatch

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 07:25:53 PM »
I bought a set of 11g rollers that I was going to mix with the 14 gram stock weights (average 12.5g) however I have read on several tuning sites that mixing weights should be avoided. I just ordered a set of 12g 18x14 Dr.Pulley weights. I'll let everyone know how they do when they get here from China.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2010, 09:49:37 PM »
...like this...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()