Author Topic: kymco super 9 broken! :(  (Read 1604 times)

tomb2112

• View Profile
kymco super 9 broken! :(
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:13:28 PM »
hiya, i was driving down a road behind a nice Mercedes the other day and suddenly it slammed on its brakes for no reason what so ever! i slammed on my brakes but was too late. i went straight over the handle bars and over the roof of the car! the driver of the car got out to see what damage was done to his car. he then realized there was no damage so he got back in his car and drove off! since then i have had a much trouble with the bike :( there was no body damage to the bike except from scratches, but on the engine side, its not good! as the bike hit the floor, it hit the kick start into the engine :(  it also snapped the breather cable, broke the engine over where the kick start goes on. i have replaced these, but whenever i go to start the bike from the button, the kick start spins around and doesn't start.  i took off the kick start handle bit. the bike starts but sounds absolute horrible! it sounds as if the engine is eating the bike! it sounds horrible :( my brother is a mechanic and he said that it cant be fixed unless he rebuilds the engine or i get a new engine :( im a big confused on what to do now :( does anyone know what situation im in and how it can be fixed easily? thanks :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: kymco super 9 broken! :(
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 11:18:37 PM »
Do you have a manual for the scoot? Sounds like the kick start actuator gear is staying engaged. Easy fix if you find the reason.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Drbeastmaster

• BALLIN
  • I Wana Party!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »
wow cracy ass story , be glad you still walking and talking , scooters come and go , u only get one brain  ;)
I Wana Party!! The return of the living dead 1985

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 01:11:26 AM »
Thread kindof died but i agree with Zombie..
Take the cvt cover off and visually inspect it..
If it was that minor damage, it could be an easy fix and just 10 minutes.  ;)
 Never know, somebody may be wanting your scooter DIRT CHEAP... ;)

BTW, Glad you made it out safely. Laying a scooter down could get nasty quick.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:27:29 AM »
Weird huh? Just vanished...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:29:06 AM »
POOOF.
One minute you see it...... One minute you don't
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 01:38:04 AM »
Speaking of a vanishing act....
Shaka was logged on a moment ago and POOOF.. He's out. I've not heard from him in awhile, since he went to visit family cpl mths ago.
Hey wheres Sid BTW?... Sells his scoot, swaps brands, sizes and he's gone too.  Dang fellas...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 01:47:15 AM »
I was gone for about a year. It's just finding time... I'm sorta kickin back for a few weeks.
Gonna Buy an Aprilla (new one), and working on a DRAG Mineralli engine. Gonna run dual 17mm carbys on that one (for the Verucci frame). Gonna sell the Z too. F' the other forums tho. Scoot. Inv, and here are all the fun I can handle

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 01:53:33 AM »
Yeah, you was gone a minute for sure. You was suppose to have moved to another town with a woman... ;)
I seen something about you wanting/getting an aprilia.. They are fkn sweet. TO FKN expensive to fix. fuel pump is $400.

Dual carbs? yummy... ;D
I gotta short case mina i need to sell. Building those are cheaper than kymco..  :D ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 07:14:01 AM »
I neeed the long case w/ the disc rear.You'll  see a thread on SI referring to it. http://www.scooterinvasion.net/forum/ I wanna build a case!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()