Author Topic: CVT Roller weight???  (Read 6353 times)

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: CVT Roller weight???
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »
I just want the same or higher cruising speed with less RPM. Less RPM = less consumption. BTW, the rollers sown on the picture are imported to Romania straight from Taiwan. Kymco headquarters are in Taiwan.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »
Do not go more than 2 grams higher!  You will regret it.  New original roller weights probably will give you lower rpm already

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
I'm considering that the 250cc engine is so powerful that doesn't feel a few extra grams.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 04:02:53 AM »
Well, then do what you want, but be honest enough and report back here in the forum the results...

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 07:18:10 AM »
I have to change the rollers because of their flat spots some of the rollers rattle when i let go of the acceleration and returning to idle. One roller has multiple flat spots...

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 09:55:10 AM »
never use oil , use a little spot of grafite and turn the roller in the grafite or slide your dr. pully sliders in it , there is a vidio on here some where,. from last summer,              I did it and it works, ,. 300i  down town   2011    28,000 km. be very carefull not to get any on belt face of variator,.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 12:31:31 PM »
Rudolf, understand about the flat spots, what I say do not go overboard with adding weight.  2 different grams make quite a difference in  transmission characteristics

Dee Dee; even though graphite is a perfect medium for "dry lubrication", when all the surfaces are clean it's not required, and thus the factory does not use it either.  As you mentioned yourself, if it gets for any reason on the wrong side (belt) it is much  trouble. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()