Author Topic: Should A Non-Restricted Variator Boss And Jet Come With My Super 8 2t  (Read 3850 times)

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
Should A Non-Restricted Variator Boss And Jet Come With My 2011 Super 8 50 2t.  My dealer said they have to be purchased separate but I have heard of other people getting them with their scooter under the seat with the tool kit.

I think I got cheated.   ???
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

juice

• View Profile
Re: Should A Non-Restricted Variator Boss And Jet Come With My Super 8 2t
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:56:32 PM »
If you feel cheated you should complain to the kymco manufacturer's representative for your reigon . Good luck .

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:16:18 PM »
I may have to but I'm not positive yet If my dealer is trying to sell me the items that I should have been given to me in the first place.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:04:56 PM »
Kymco ships the scoot with the parts. Many dealers pull that one. I would find a new dealer as you already know his "character".
Perhaps letting him know you are wise to his game may salvage a future relationship there.. Many times the mechanic that un crates/assembles the scoot will "toss" the parts on his bench. His boss is usually aware of this tho.
Bad start for a new dealer. (new to you) MOST of the forum members report their dealers installing these parts at no charge for a "thank you" of sorts. Bring a lap top, and show him your thread! That may keep him on his toes...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »
Ps
Kymco USA is the ONLY rep. From MY experience they will refer you to Kymco USA. Go figure
http://www.kymcousa.com/
I think they are now called Kymco Global
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 02:03:48 AM »
Thanks for the info on the parts. I bought the Super 8 from this dealer just because it is 2 miles from my house. I had a bad felling from the start.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »
Got it worked out.  They (Hager Cycle World in Rock Hill SC) tried to sell me the very parts that should have came with my scooter to begin with.  They offered to sell me a "hop-up" kit for $50 and they could put it in for $90.

When I told them I spoke to the district sale rep and she said the boss and jet should have been given to me with my tool kit they brought me the parts and acted pissed that I knew what they were doing.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 04:56:46 PM »
Sounds like they were the "hopped up" ones to me! There are a few utube videos on replacing the "boss", and the jet is an easy task. It's just getting to the parts that takes getting used to.
Give a shout when you need help.

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 06:05:34 PM »
Did the boss not the jet yet. They gave me an 82 jet. Not sure if that is correct or not. Thanks for the vid though. The carb looks easier to get to on the super 8.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »
Got it worked out.  They (Hager Cycle World in Rock Hill SC) tried to sell me the very parts that should have came with my scooter to begin with.  They offered to sell me a "hop-up" kit for $50 and they could put it in for $90.

When I told them I spoke to the district sale rep and she said the boss and jet should have been given to me with my tool kit they brought me the parts and acted pissed that I knew what they were doing.

...chalk up a score for us bottom feeders!!!

..way to stick it to 'm!!

:D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
"...chalk up a score for us bottom feeders!!!"
About time!

The 82 jet may be the same as the one installed.  You will have to open the carb to be sure. Generally you will go up 2 sizes from what is installed.

ill_eagle94

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 05:08:49 PM »
My scooter came delivered with the non restricted boss and jet already installed. I was given the stock parts in a plastic baggie.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2012 Honda Fit Sport

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 10:27:04 PM »
I finally got around to installing the new main jet. Swapper the restricted 70 for the stock 82. All I gained was 2 MPH on top end and maybe a bit more torque in the middle range. I now top out at around 35mph on the flats. With a Non restricted boss I would have expected a better top end.  >:(
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()