Author Topic: Oil pump gears - check 'em.  (Read 4035 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Oil pump gears - check 'em.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »
Hey MA! Cum end see! Eyem un da TeeVee... Deliverance inbred playing banjo!

I'll find a new play mate!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »
Hey Jpres. Wutcha Dewin buddiee?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 02:05:59 PM »
1. What did you have to remove to see oil pump gear? Was the gasket intact or did you install a new one?

2. When you say that you have replaced the valves, are you referring to cylinder intake/exhaust valves or something else?

Incredible that they make such a crucial part of the engine of plastic material.
I would be willing to bet (even though I am not keen on conspiracy theories...) that this could be a part of "programmed engine failure". I cannot explain this in any other way.

Gf's A125 has 30.000 kms and I wonder if it should be replaced...

The 125 has a chain and sprocket instead of the plastic pump. :)  I meant to mention it before, but it slipped my mind.

There are probably a lot of Markos in Croatia, but there is a fellow who goes by "narx" online who had a Firefox 180 that was pretty heavily tuned.  We used to chat online a good bit.  I never knew if he got out of scooters, or what.  He linked me to some photos of the country once and all I can say is that it looks like a beautiful place!  I think I'd have to avoid working in the living room or parking lot and work on the scooter on some beautiful beach. :D

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »
The 125 has a chain and sprocket instead of the plastic pump. :)  I meant to mention it before, but it slipped my mind.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS! :)
I remember now seeing chain somewhere in "exploding diagrams", but for some reason I was thinking the chain drives valves, not oil pump? Or it does both? :)

There are probably a lot of Markos in Croatia, but there is a fellow who goes by "narx" online who had a Firefox 180 that was pretty heavily tuned.  We used to chat online a good bit.  I never knew if he got out of scooters, or what.  He linked me to some photos of the country once and all I can say is that it looks like a beautiful place!  I think I'd have to avoid working in the living room or parking lot and work on the scooter on some beautiful beach. :D~Josh

Checked online, narx lives in the capital of the country, I am 150 kms to the south, on the coast.
They say the country is nice, but I think that is propaganda, the same goes for every country. :) Every country (well, almost every) is beautiful. I have been everywhere, from Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan to Egypt and Turkey and I liked most places I saw. I guess there are some nice things to be seen in U S of A too. :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 01:46:20 AM »
Pfft.  Videos on 4-stroke stuff?  No way!

Acutally, I've made a Ruckus valve adjustment video but... don't tell anyone.

Anyway, here are those photos:

I wonder if this is whats going on with my scoot

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 02:12:13 AM »
Pull out your oil screen, and look for plastic bits. It would make for hard starting, and VERY short run time

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()