Author Topic: Kymco Factory in Tiawan  (Read 4119 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Kymco Factory in Tiawan
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:59:16 PM »

I'll bet its not what you envisioned...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

roboscoot

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Factory in Tiawan
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:15:11 AM »
hey zombie...i have seen before as i am also a follower of scooter maven....if you  look at some of the numbers in the clip.....in 2008 production well over 500,000.....they will have a banner 2012.....with prices of gas going up again....and at this point i would venture to say every bit as good quality wise...as the Japanese big three

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:44:34 AM »
Agreed! I was just surprised at the size of the factory. Looks like the buildings we hung out in as kids in the Bronx. I had club houses bigger than the Kymco Factory! Ahhh...   to be a kid again.
New York Bronx (South Bronx) in the 70`s and 80`s
I lived 15 minutes away by subway in Yonkers, and spent everyday running thru the Bronx. Just saying the Kymco factory is TINY.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:35:28 AM »
You will never believe this! I just fast forwarded 40 years, and found this!

Don't quite know how I feel about that.

Drbeastmaster

• BALLIN
  • I Wana Party!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 08:11:17 PM »
i wasn't to far off from what i expected, were not driving 4000 pound suvs ..??, it seems like they are pretty good at what there doing , i thought it was large enough  , idk cool video
I Wana Party!! The return of the living dead 1985

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:25:04 PM »
I was thinking GM size buildings filled with hundreds of workers. Never thought it was 5-6 guys in a warehouse! Now I wonder about the engine plant... Next vid.

On a side note those Bronx Vids. really hurt my heart.
All that land, and thousands of homes left to ROT for 40+ YEARS!  Lipstick on a pig is what I see in the later vid. Sorry Bnx. It's my home too.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 08:28:33 PM »
KYMCO and Kawasaki To Jointly Make General Purpose Gasoline Engines
2009/10/09

KYMCO CEO Wang Shuen-ching (right) exchanges joint-venture agreements with Hiroshi Takata, chairman of Kawasaki Heavy Industries.

The Kwang Yang Motor Co (KYMCO), Taiwan’s largest manufacturer of powered two-wheelers (PTWs), recently announced that it had signed an agreement with Japanese PTW maker Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. to set up a joint venture in Changzhou, Jiangsu Province. The new venture, the Changzhou Kawasaki & Kwang Yang Engine Co. (CK&K), is capitalized at US$10 million.

CK&K will produce general-purpose gasoline engines, and the two partners have set first-stage annual production target of one million engines within five years. The general-purpose engines, which are used in lawn mowers, generators, high-pressure cleaners, and other equipment, will be sold to customers all over the world under either the Kawasaki or KYMCO nameplate.

A senior KYMCO official reported that his company began cooperating with Kawasaki in 2003 by winning the local agency rights for Kawasaki’s big-bore motorcycles, and the partnership expanded into the original design manufacturing (ODM) production of all terrain vehicles (ATVs) in 2005. Since that time, all Kawasaki ATVs have been supplied by KYMCO. The Japanese motorcycle maker also contracted KYMCO to supply other products, such as general-purpose engines and motor scooters, on an ODM or original equipment manufacturing (OEM) basis.

KYMCO originally supplied Kawasaki with engines that were produced by its Chinese subsidiary, Changzhou Kwang Hsing Precise Machine Co., at an annual volume of around 50,000 units. The two partners set up the new general-purpose engine manufacturer, with its high production target, to challenge the leadership position long held by Honda in the general-purpose engine market.

Industry sources said that while the global financial turmoil seriously affected the world PTW market, it deepened KYMCO`s determination to further diversify its line of power products. They explained that the joint venture should give KYMCO rapid access to Kawasaki`s world-class technical capability, and allow it to move quickly into other powered products such as jet skis and law mowers.

The general purpose gasoline engine to be produced by CK&K in Changzhou.
KYMCO has long been the No. 1 PTW brand in Taiwan and this year the company will challenge the leading position again for the 10th consecutive year. In the first half, KYMCO captured a 36.5% share of the domestic market.

The company has been actively developing overseas in recent years and has gradually formed a "golden triangle" of factories in Taiwan, China, and Vietnam, providing high-flexibility production. KYMCO operates two PTW assembly plants and two engine factories in China, as well as a PTW plant each in Vietnam and Indonesia.

Long Taiwan’s largest exporter and producer of PTWs, KYMCO has set up subsidiaries and sales joint ventures in the U.S., the Philippines, the U.K., and Luxemburg. It has also been watching the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) market intently, and has gradually boosted its shareholding in KYMCO Vietnam to about 90%. Industry sources said that company plans call for the gradual development of the Vietnam facility into a regional production center. (QL, Aug. 2009)

KYMCO`s Global Deployment

Subsidiaries   
Business Scope   
KYMCO Shareholding

Changzhou Kwang Yang   
PTW manufacturing, Chinese operations center   
50%

Changzhou Kwang Hsing   
Engine parts production   
100%

Hunan Kwang Yang   
PTW manufacturing   
94.5%

Hunan Kwang Yang Precision Machinery   
Engine parts production   
100%

KYMCO Vietnam   
PTW manufacturing, ASEAN operations center   
90%

KYMCO Indonesia   
PTW manufacturing   
85%

KYMCO U.S.A.   
PTW sales   
50%

KYMCO Philippines   
PTW sales   
100%

KYMCO UK   
PTW sales   
100%

KYMCO Luxemburg   
PTW sales   
50%

Source: KYMCO

(by Quincy Liang)

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 09:14:07 PM »
HEY ZOMBIE VERY INTERESTING STUFF....I DON'T THINK KYMCO IS A PUBLICLY HELD STOCK....IF IT WERE I WOULD DEFINITELY BE BUYING SHARES...THEIR GROWTH SINCE THEY ENTERED THE US MARKET HAS BEEN PHENOMENAL....BY THE WAY ARE YOU STILL IN YONKERS.....I AM RIGHT ACROSS THE BRIDGE IN JERSEY....I HAVE A FRIEND WHO OWNS A BUS COMPANY IN YONKERS.....RIGHT OFF SAW MILL RIVER PARKWAY.....IF YOU ARE NO LONGER IN NY YOU ARE EVEN SMARTER THAN I FIGURED YOU OUT TO BE......JUST RETIRED.....CAN'T AFFORD TO LIVE IN THE AREA ANY MORE...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 09:25:26 PM »
I left NY 12+ years ago. I live in NW Florida now. The "Redneck Rivera" to be exact! Check out a movie called  Coastlines... It was filmed a few years ago in my new town. The movie is a real depiction of Carrabelle... The land that time forgot.

"I HAVE A FRIEND WHO OWNS A BUS COMPANY IN YONKERS.....RIGHT OFF SAW MILL RIVER PARKWAY."
I know the building. At the bottom of Lockwood Ave. I used to play in their storage yard after they closed. There are 3-4 loading docks that would flood every time it rained. Those "ramps" were our swimming pool till I turned 7-8, and found the joys of cigarettes, and Ethanol. Don't tell your buddy tho. He may still want to get paid for all the fire extinguishers. (They never locked the buses at night)

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »
Oh no they're letting them idle til the end of the line. Somebody should tell them that's bad to do!  :D :D :D :D ;)
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 09:47:25 PM »
Oh no they're letting them idle til the end of the line. Somebody should tell them that's bad to do!  :D :D :D :D ;)
I know where that is going... Good Catch Bro!

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »
Sorry, I just had to
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »
Just moved the link. Feeding Time...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 09:56:20 PM »
lol, yeah. Anyways, cool video though. I'd love to go to Taiwan
*2001 ZX-50 beater

YagerMySter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 09:59:23 AM »
Man!  Watching those videos makes me want to get a soccter too. 

Wait!  I have one, duh.

:-)
I did it and I'm glad.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()