Author Topic: Peet's new toy  (Read 7274 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Peet's new toy
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 03:36:03 AM »
 Don't know why it stopped running in the first place yet.

I am guessing you didn't look at the pictures you posted of the fuel then...
Has to be 5% or better absorbed water.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 03:57:38 AM »
The guy told me it stopped running and he didn't know why. The gas wasn't (that) bad when he parked it.

Although, by reasonable assumption. It only has what, 6800 on the odo and is 12 years old. Avrg. 567 miles/kms a year(notes below). It's definitely sat for months or years before. I wouldn't doubt it was a fuel problem.

I read what you said about the DOT. I could have sworn I measured my people and it read kms not miles  :-\. Not the point  ;). I'll do it again cause I'd like to know for sure. I'm stubborn remember.

The point(finally): I just don't know what is wrong with it.

I've heard from you guys the cdi likes to go out in these things. Can't rule that out.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 06:02:54 AM »
The most common problem is fouled spark plugs. That will lead to sitting, and finally clogged jest in the carb. Electrics do go bad but not so often. I'm looking up the laws on odo's now
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 03:21:17 AM »
She lives!!! ;D ;D ;D

Got it put together enough to see if I could get it started. Kicked it about 20-25 times and was about to give up when I heard a cough. Next kick she fired right up. Runs great. I let it idle for about 10 minutes. Shut it off and went back out there about 2 hours later. She started first kick! I only brought a little bit of oil with me so I didn't want to run it too long. I have a video and will post it in a little while. Should I post it here or start a new thread?
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 03:47:03 AM »
Your call Bro. Maybe you could get the highlites from this on in the new to let Peops. see how you did it.
Sounds like you need a cdi tho. It shouldn't just run good. You have to add SOMETHING cool for us~
        Glad to hear! SUMMERS COMING! I can hook you up W/ a stroker Malossi engine...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 04:17:06 AM »
It shouldn't just run good. You have to add SOMETHING cool for us~

I hear ya brotha. I feel much more free to customize this than my 2010 people. Don't worry it will be cool :)

I have to say I really want to change the headlight setup. Way too 90s. That universal LED fairing on partsforscooters looks really cool. I'd like to have it look seamless though. Or maybe naked bars is the way to go. Just thinking out loud here. I'm excited now ;D ;D ;D

*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »
There are a few of us that like the nude bars on them. No one has pulled the trigger on that one yet.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2012, 06:47:52 AM »
Nude bars and this would be tha sh**. http://www.trailtech.net/vapor.html

I've been lookin at this for a while now. I want one for my 4 wheeler too.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:55:36 AM by Peters »
*2001 ZX-50 beater

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 11:36:45 PM »
Trailtech does make a nice piece.. A few of us have the small tach the sell but the vapor would be sweet
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
Finally had the time to do some work on the ZX today.

Turns out it was a loose wire all along! :D :D

I kept thinking there was still crap in the tank and lines. I bought new fuel lines, fuel filter, and a fuel valve. Installed all of it and cleaned the carb.

Got it started, and I cut it off to put the rest together. Got everything tightened, went to start it and it would just sputter and die. Took the carb apart again cleaned it. Nothing. I even thought it was the cheap fuel filter at one point.

I had the dead ass battery hooked up to it. I disconnected it and it started right up! So I thought the battery was F'ed up.

I take it for a ride and it runs great after some new sliders and rollers in the variator. I take it for a long ride. Havin a blast! ;D ;D ;D

I go down this really bumpy road and it starts cutting in and out. So I reach down and start messing with the wiring(I have none of the rear plastics on at this point) and it starts going again. Hit some more bumps, and it starts cutting out. Reach down and grab the wires and it's good again. After carefully riding back home. I start playing with the wires. I think I've found the culprit. Going back down to the shop, in a few, to work on it some more.

Definitely gonna fix that stupid rev limiter too. This thing wants to do much more than 38mph!
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2012, 02:52:32 AM »
Just splice the two greens together... Wiring in scoots sucks.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2012, 12:33:23 AM »
Got it! ;D ;D ;D

I have a running scoot now. Fixed that rev limiter too. Goes about 40mph on flat ground.
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »
And that's all bone stock? Now for the cool stuff!

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2012, 12:41:30 AM »
All bone stock :)

Yep definitely time for the cool stuff! ;D

I won an auction for a new(used) front cover on eBay for $16. Pretty happy about that. Looked great in the pictures. I'll see what kind of shape it's in when it gets here.
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2012, 12:52:54 AM »
The Technigas Next R is a great match for an OEM jug. Any 1500 contra spring, and 5-10 steps bigger on the main jet plus two bigger on the pilot will have you cruising at 45-50. Right around 200.00 for everything, and reliable.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()