Author Topic: How about a "Data Base" for belt sizes, and maybe a swap, and shop...  (Read 1932 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
A lot of people ordering after market belts have been hit in the face with the useless belt size measurements advertised for their application. A 749mm belt from 3 different manufactures will have at least 2 belts that are NOT what they state. I've been told the Manuf. "compromise" the actual size for what they feel is a better performing belt in that "range". I personally have 1/2 dozen belts that do not work as I need them to, and it is WASTED money sitting in a box.
I am proposing a data base of after market belts, and their TRUE fitments. Also a way of listing them in one thread for sale or trade to others that can use them on an appropriate application... IE: I bought 3 749mm belts that measure true to be  1) 743mm   2)754mm  3) 740mm. These all have less than 100 yards of on the scoot use, and cost near $150.00
My idea is to list the actual size of the belt/brand/part# (data base) so others can look them up here.
Second: To offer the unusable belts to others at whatever fair price can be negotiated.
The "links to manuals thread" has quite a few models in it, and I'm sure helped countless people. This idea may do the same.
Let me know what you think... If most agree it may be helpful I will go to the "box" and post mine up.
Thanks Guys/Gals!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
Re: How about a "Data Base" for belt sizes, and maybe a swap, and shop...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:34:44 AM »
Sounds like a great idea.finding a true belt size is hard if you are looking for one other then the stock belt.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:06:53 AM »
A lot of people ordering after market belts have been hit in the face with the useless belt size measurements advertised for their application. A 749mm belt from 3 different manufactures will have at least 2 belts that are NOT what they state. I've been told the Manuf. "compromise" the actual size for what they feel is a better performing belt in that "range". I personally have 1/2 dozen belts that do not work as I need them to, and it is WASTED money sitting in a box.
I am proposing a data base of after market belts, and their TRUE fitments. Also a way of listing them in one thread for sale or trade to others that can use them on an appropriate application... IE: I bought 3 749mm belts that measure true to be  1) 743mm   2)754mm  3) 740mm. These all have less than 100 yards of on the scoot use, and cost near $150.00
My idea is to list the actual size of the belt/brand/part# (data base) so others can look them up here.
Second: To offer the unusable belts to others at whatever fair price can be negotiated.
The "links to manuals thread" has quite a few models in it, and I'm sure helped countless people. This idea may do the same.
Let me know what you think... If most agree it may be helpful I will go to the "box" and post mine up.
Thanks Guys/Gals!
[/b][/i]

+1 on the good plan...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »
2 is enough for me. I'll get what I have, and post up the sizes vs the oem size. At least the ZX'er's will stand a chance.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:14:24 AM »
 At least the ZX'er's will stand a chance.

WOOO HOOOO. We need a chance.... :D :P
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 02:00:58 AM »
Here is your frist size to remember . stock belt for thr agilty 50 is a keb7-900
and any 729-17.7-30 well work.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »
Go for it. Now i just need to go dig out all the new belts from behind my workbench that i threw across my garage in disgust when i found they didnt actually fit as they were supposed to. Must have at least 2-3 lying about gathering dust and cobwebs (there is no charge for this, the dust comes free).
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Frank T

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 01:22:38 AM »
Go for it. Now i just need to go dig out all the new belts from behind my workbench that i threw across my garage in disgust when i found they didnt actually fit as they were supposed to. Must have at least 2-3 lying about gathering dust and cobwebs (there is no charge for this, the dust comes free).

Is there a rational for using a different length drive belt than stock? Does a longer one allow the variator to compress tighter and allow the belt to ride higher up in the pulley channel for decreased ratio/lower RPM at a given speed?????? AND..... vice versa with a shorter belt????
2009 Stella 2T
2003 Bet & Win
2011 Homemade 66cc 2T

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 03:44:29 AM »
Here is your frist size to remember . stock belt for thr agilty 50 is a keb7-900
and any 729-17.7-30 well work.
Dude... You just F'ed us all. ANY is the problem. How does the belt sit at stationary? On the boss, and top of the clutch? The part # is real important tho. We might have to start a thread that is just statements of the OEM Part #'s. I'll do it after this thread.
I THINK this will help.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 04:02:42 AM »

Is there a rational for using a different length drive belt than stock? Does a longer one allow the variator to compress tighter and allow the belt to ride higher up in the pulley channel for decreased ratio/lower RPM at a given speed?????? AND..... vice versa with a shorter belt????
Thank you Steroid Boy! LOL...
Yes sometimes Frank... The reason is alot of people change their variators, and due to OEM belts do not gain the full advantage of the mod. Oem belts sometimes do not really do exactly what they could either.
SOMETIMES a longer belt alone will add a few mph/km to your scoot. It's a ratio thingy.
The optimal fit is the belt fits ON the drive boss, and sits on the TOP of the clutch. Anything else is a mis fit.

I am SURE you won't like this Vid. any better than a miss fitting belt...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 04:03:25 AM »
Forgot the frig'in link

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 04:56:06 AM »
They just ain't the same w/o Glenn.  :(
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 05:10:02 AM »
I LOVE YOU BATSSSSSSSSS!
 Thank you for knowing. The Murder Club stole the Logo by adding a bandanna! Cool But FU(K the Murder Club!
Kenneth Mclaughlin!!! Carrabelle FLORIDA MUTHA F'RS

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 05:10:55 AM »
Ps... I BITE

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 05:51:32 AM »
LOVE YOU BATSSSSSSSSS!
 Thank you for knowing. The Murder Club stole the Logo by adding a bandanna! Cool But FU(K the Murder Club!
Kenneth Mclaughlin!!! Carrabelle FLORIDA MUTHA F'RS

I love me some music...
Seen the danzig/ samhain reunion one yr as well. That was a bitching show
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()