Author Topic: a mod not to miss out on  (Read 1236 times)

bilyum

• Super 8 150
    • View Profile
a mod not to miss out on
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
This has to do wth a previous post in eye candy called "Knight Riderz".I have installed them on my scoot on the trunk carrier. I did this so there is no pluging and unpluging of wires etc.  
So what you do is get a small piece of angle metal ,or make one by bending the thin metal on a vice (90*). Then while holding (clamping) to (under) the trunk carrier rack ,drill two holes into metal from above drilling through rack at same time. this is where two 6/32 screws and nuts will mount to bracket that will hold the Knight Riderz lights . The lights come with sticky tape and holds fine but you must drill  hole for wires to pass through on bracket. I also countersunk screws to keep a  smooth surface.
I bought my bracket material  from Home Depot and is a perforated stud nail support that I bent in vice.  It was near the same size of light strip with small amount cutting (hack saw) needed. My carrier rack (givi) was black so I painted bracket black .Don't forget to file surfaces to remove sharp edges. With a small amount of time this a mod you will apprediate having done for your safety and nice looks.
With the trunk off the light is up high and very noticable,with rack ,,with trunk on tail light below this light is very much more noticeable. Very easy mod and wires into existing tail light wires.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:05:14 AM by bilyum »
Later
bilyum

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: a mod not to miss out on
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:30:29 AM »
got any Picts?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: a mod not to miss out on
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:51:29 PM »
got any Picts?

Somehow I forgot to mention this is the new body kit on the ZX...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()