Author Topic: sister-sister  (Read 45078 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: sister-sister
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2012, 04:34:17 AM »
...running a oem bando, now, and it's not so bad!!!

...i bought a "longer than oem 729" belt to try onnit tomorrow, and another 743....

..i so liked that 743...

..belts are consumables....

...like fuel and amsoil....

;)
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2012, 04:46:54 AM »
I've got some CRAZY learning curve happing right now. Just like back in the day when I compared a string on a spoon to a pencil on on the same string. The CVT is opening it's doors to me. Without getting all nuts on the topic... The belt wear is a symptom of an imbalance of HP/Torque vs load on the rear wheel. Just like tuning a STOCK scoot for better Perf. WE have to find the magic ratio of HP/rpm/mph/realistic belt capacity. I'm thinking this forum has opened a door that even the TOP tuners don't see. Belt wear CAN be eliminated. (crazy right) We are tuning to a point where more HP = more stress. I think it should be the other way around. More HP = better better belt wear, (right)!
Soooo Making CRAZY high gears makes less rpms. Less rpm's makes less stress, and more usable top end. So using taller gears will allow the engine to rev slower, and reduce the belt wear. Sorta like a Salt flats bike that is geared to 200+mph. and can't do a wheelie to save it's life. Scoots are like a dirt bike in reverse. I rode MX ALL my life, and pulling power was king. I have hit a wall with pulling power in scoots. They need to be reversed. NO PULLING POWER IS NEEDED. Make them TOP GEAR machines. This may take machining gears we don't  have yet but I do know a few guys that can make the gears we need. F*ck Polinni, and Malossi, and Every other maker of "race parts". I think if enough time is spent away from the "cookie cutter" parts makers a new door will open. I am aiming for a 6.7:1 final drive with the Polini Corsa. That is another "cookie cutter" bike. I don't like the idea any more than buying a Ruima on Ebay. It's the SAME OLD sh**! But Maybe with a 2.5:1 ratio and a Bando belt hooked up to a pulley drive there may be a 100mph scoot in the near future.
I know this did NOT answer your question/statement about your belt wear but it might open another door that will. I blew thru 3 Vars/4-5belts on the Ruima. It did not impress me as a World class scoot although it may well have been. I got the Polinni Corsa R jug today, and it is a tiny POS in MY opinion. Nothing better than th Malossi as far as size. The Port timing is of course different, as is the angle of the port roofs but the cc's are the same, and the quality of the delivered product is similar.
Bottom line is I believe the WHOLE key is in CVT tuning more so than jug kits.
I'm setting the jug on a standard stroke crank/Jassil var/Naraku TD-clutch/Malossi bell. The final drive is 6.8:1 with the gears I have, It should do 70ish air cooled, but for how long? I'm thinking 80+ with some custrom geras, and a TRUE 65criuse. We'll see.
To answer your post... The torque/contra/roller weight is eating your belt.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2012, 04:51:15 AM »
...nina runs the speedo till it stops...@ 8100 rpms..60 indicated?....

..then continues on up to 8300 tops...downhill...

...but never falls below 45 ind....@ 7800 rpms...

....this is open air with oem exhaust...

..she's a beast!!... at 8100 rpms!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2012, 05:23:13 AM »
That's just a OEM Pussy bike. Hey. Nice song.... Halleys Comet. I'm in LUV with the forum. (and you guys...)
I leave the Music thread playing while posting... Gotta figure a way to make a mix of it for my Daughter to see what I do.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2012, 06:02:22 AM »
That's just a OEM Pussy bike. Hey. Nice song.... Halleys Comet. I'm in LUV with the forum. (and you guys...)
I leave the Music thread playing while posting...

...me too!!...and i got ur pussybike right here!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2012, 06:19:14 AM »
It got's Poo on the tires. Maybe a little on the seat tooo...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2012, 02:01:27 AM »
..well, i put a new gates 729-17.5-28 in nina th day before yesterday, with an oem drive face...after all them trials and tribulations..

..that, "narrow" gates belt, with the 1.504" boss that i was running with the 743, well that just wasnt working...

..over-revved past my powerband during take-off acceleration, and half-way thru to top speed...lost torque..

..put inna 1.465 boss, and when this belt seats in, i believe nina's right back on track...

..ffeeellls real good right now, and only 2mph off top speeds...still got good torque throughout...

...i like torque..i like being able to back off throttle, from any speed or throttle position, then get back onnit, and feel acceleration...

:o
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:14:51 AM by wordslinger »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2012, 03:43:56 AM »
Same here I prefer torque to top speed. I think it's cause we commute, not drag...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2012, 03:46:06 AM »
...SOMETIMES, I JUST GOTTA GET OUTTA TH WAY!!!....

...yup...top speed will come with a good torquey setup...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2012, 03:54:33 AM »
 8)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2012, 10:56:39 PM »
...the 729 belt has required a bit more tweaking, so it has...

got 10 heat cycles innit now, so i figure its probably seated okay..

..the 6g ninja sliders have proven to be a bit too light..over-revving my take-off powerband..

..tried some 7g malossi rollers, and she lost a bit of torque @ mid-range, and up hills...

..fixin' to make a run with 6.5 ninjas....

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »
...one thing that has not changed is my top speed...

..it's still right on 60-61 indicated...

..now, this 729 does not ride all the way out the variator...1/16"....

..what's that telling me??

..743 and 729 produce same top speed, with 743 over-riding vari, and 729 coming up waay short...

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2012, 12:56:58 AM »
Speak to me brother......
Show me the way......
  :D   :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2012, 01:17:19 AM »
..yup..i'm liking the 6.5s.....

..awesome strong torque throughout...

...ranges from 7600-8100 throughout...

..that seems to be nina's g-spot....

..i trounced an Aprilla on the way home with this setup...

..that always feels ssso goood.....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2012, 01:18:24 AM »
There is a huge difference between those two sizes. Just find the one in the middle.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()