Author Topic: People 50 Carrying Weight Limit / Two Riders?  (Read 1893 times)

clockkicker

• View Profile
People 50 Carrying Weight Limit / Two Riders?
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »
Hi all.  I recently bought a used 2009 People 50cc 2t.  It's got about 7000km on it, and I am here to report after two weeks of riding that it is the best purchase of my life!  I got it for $1100, which I thought was a good deal. 

My question is this--nowhere online or in the manual can I find a max carrying capacity weight.  How much is too much?  I weigh 145-150lbs, but I'm wondering how damaging it would be to the bike to have a 2nd rider on it?  My girlfriend weighs about the same as me, so we'd be pushing 300lbs, plus about 8lbs of helmet weight (just a guess) and 14lbs on top of that for my heavy-duty chain/lock weight.  I know that a 50cc bike is really built for one rider, but I rode my old Honda Metropolitan with two riders all the time and never encountered any problems other than decreased stability and control of the bike.  I read somewhere that you can screw up certain parts of the bike by putting too much weight on it.  Anybody got any advice on the subject? 

Interestingly, the People 50cc has those metal foot pegs that fold out which to me says PUT A SECOND RIDER ON ME! 

Thanks y'all, I'm new to the forum and the Kymco world, but I'm glad to be a part of it!

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
Re: People 50 Carrying Weight Limit / Two Riders?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 05:56:41 AM »
I'm 250+ and have carried probably another 50lbs at least and I have no problems. You can tighten the rear spring to the stiffest setting. It helps a lot.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 12:18:27 AM »
..just be sure to keep a good notice of your tire pressure...check/adjust often as needed...

..ya'll gonna love that scoot!

;D

...btw, welcome to th forum!!

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:25:09 PM »
I think you will be OK .

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()