Author Topic: New member  (Read 2639 times)

Oskar

• View Profile
« on: March 12, 2009, 01:51:27 AM »
Really nice to find a forum for exiting 500, just ordered a white 500 r abs, really liked that bike after a test drive ;D what is the real saying about breaking in the bike? take extra care at first or not?  i´ll post pics as soon as the bike gets here..

Best regards from Sweden!! 8)

drifter

• Twist n' Go Power!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 06:44:10 AM »
CONGRATS!!! i envy you guys for having the R and RI versions, in my country we only have the standard carb ver.

may i ask how will i know if my xciting have ABS?
"it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow!"

Oskar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 11:11:07 AM »
I think all models from -07 is fuel injected and about the abs I think its only available on the R model, the other models have "ubs".

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 02:07:18 PM »
Congrats on your choice.  I have a new white 09 Ri and am in break in mode.  Talked with my dealer service dept yesterday when I picked up the tags.  They recommend you follow the manual on break in at least for the first couple of hundred miles then you can start running it faster.  These engines are built with very close tolerances and need to let everything seat.  Varying the speed during this period is also good idea.  I could tell mine was pretty tight at first and is loosening up as I ride it more.  It's getting smoother as well.  I have a feeling if you let things seat in and do that first oil change on time this thing will last a very long time and give good performance.  So far I am very happy with it, especially the handling, both on the twisties and in the wind.  I am getting used to the seating position as well.  May have to move the bars back just a bit later on and add a back rest.  Been riding a Scarabeo 500 and the riding position is quite different.  I do love the fact that on the Kymco I can stretch out my legs while riding.  I think you will love it as I do mine. ;D
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

Oskar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:01:46 PM »
Thanks for that info, I downloaded the manual so now i read a little bit, but kymco says 1600 km break in, thats a lot off driving before using the bike normally. Good thing i got a discount on the first 1000 km service and a discbrake lock included. Just to wait now for the bike to get here, hopefully the last weekend in this month.

Is there a power socket on the handlebar to attach a gps unit or people just using the battery in the gps?

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »
No power socket on the handlebar.  I plan on putting one inside the locking pocket for GPS or CB.  I will have to run the wires myself but no big deal I did the same on my other bike and it works great and is out of the weather and out of sight when not in use.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

bdysncher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 02:54:29 PM »
No power socket on the handlebar.  I plan on putting one inside the locking pocket for GPS or CB.  I will have to run the wires myself but no big deal I did the same on my other bike and it works great and is out of the weather and out of sight when not in use.

Morning Wingman,

any chance of getting some pics of that installation? I just purchased a new 09' 500i and would like to put a GPS  unit on the scoot.

Thanks!

-bdy

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 06:52:42 PM »
I've been too busy to take the X500 apart so far.  When I do the job I will take pictures and post as I go.  Pictures of the GW install probably won't help much.  The plastic behind the storage pocket looks like it will take awhile.  Depending on the length of your cord for your GPS it may be long enough to plug into the cell phone charger under the seat and run across the tunnel and up. 

Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()