Author Topic: kick start cover.  (Read 964 times)

blue

• View Profile
kick start cover.
« on: March 10, 2012, 12:13:08 AM »
after playing around with my scoot for a few days the bolts that hold the kick and belt cover on dont fit tight any more now what do I do go up in size in bold or just make a band to go around the whole thing.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: kick start cover.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 09:35:04 PM »
Do the bolt threads look worn and damaged? If they do try new bolts.  If its the threads in the back casing thats worn you could try run a tap thro them it might work. Or try threadlock if theyre only a few loose ones. If not you prob need to drill out and retap to a larger size and use larger bolts.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »
Do the bolt threads look worn and damaged? If they do try new bolts.  If its the threads in the back casing thats worn you could try run a tap thro them it might work. Or try threadlock if theyre only a few loose ones. If not you prob need to drill out and retap to a larger size and use larger bolts.
[/quote

Well it is a 07 and geting older I think its time to sale to many things comeing up broken on it time to sale if I get what I want for it.Ill drive it tell it dies and sale for parts.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
They say "Heli-coils" are The Right Way (tm) to fix this.

The tools for installing them can be expensive, but once you have them you can fix any M6 thread you'll break in the future...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threaded_insert
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:27:52 PM by mono »

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 09:25:09 PM »
Stick a wooden toothpick in the hole , break it off flush with the opening and run your screws back in . It may work or not but it won't hurt anything . Good luck .

bmcafee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 10:18:46 PM »
heli coils work awesome I never thought to use one on a scooter. We used these fo fix lathes at my old job. good call dude

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()