Author Topic: Back On Track  (Read 3946 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Back On Track
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 12:35:14 AM »
I just went out in the yard and yelled WOOT! People started shooting...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 05:33:29 AM »
I just went out in the yard and yelled WOOT! People started shooting...

:D You sure you don't live in NC?
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 07:36:33 AM »
Almost the same as back woods NC here. I call it "the land that everyone forgot"
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

superfevergurl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 01:06:26 AM »
HAHAHAHA!  ;D Nope I'm in KY, but nobody knows it cuz I have no accent (even the natives). All that's left electrically is the cdi, oil light and tail light. Got the bulbs on order and need to order the cdi.

Next mini project will be the oil tank/carb. Gotta leak somewhere cuz the oil tank, fuel filter and oil pump are covered in soot.

. . .and GO CATS! The town's gonna be burned down by tom. morning, guess it's a good thing my scooter in inside tonight!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 01:09:46 AM »
 . . .and GO CATS! The town's gonna be burned down by tom. morning,
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

superfevergurl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »
I'm in Lexington, KY and our college team beat our biggest rival to head into the ncaa championship game. Since we are in a college town, after a big win everyone floods the street and outrageousness insues. Here are some examples, so you can understand the craziness going on last night.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150725255273447&set=a.265995518446.144228.51620603446&type=1&ref=nf
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150726294148447&set=a.265995518446.144228.51620603446&type=3&theater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 12:34:35 AM »
And this is done by kids in SCHOOL!
AXY!!! Any openings in the caves for one more. Americans are paying for their BEST/SMARTEST kids to burn furniture. W the f***!

superfevergurl

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »
 >:( arrrgggg. I put my bike back together, took it outside and started it up and light came on and went back out. I'm gonna check my battery and make sure it is charging properly and check the stator. I've already replace the voltage regulator. So I know that's not the problem. If those are fine then I going to replace the 2 wires in the pic and see if that helps.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 03:35:35 AM »
That's where this started... Good luck

superfevergurl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 02:38:18 AM »
nice pic  :). I feel stupid, I forgot that the bulbs are dual filament and put the old ones back in instead of the new ones  ::). So the taillight filament was also blown in both bulbs. Once I replaced the bulbs, the taillight came right back on, but still no brake light. Discovered there is a short at the brake switch in the connector, once I bent them a certain way the front brake came back on.

However the lights will dim as I ride, almost to the point that you can't see the brake/tail lights. I tested the battery and the reading were good, so I think it might be the stator. Still gonna do all the things I mentioned in the previous post and test the stator.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 03:27:15 AM »
Your head lights will dim at idle, and slightly above that. It is normal. Your taillights are powered by the battery. If the Batt. is weak it will allow the lights to dim. Also a bad ground will act the same. The lights may work but are using the resistance thru each other to make a False circuit. Try splicing a New ground into the circuit near the bulbs. Just ground a new wire to a bolt back there to see if they light up better.
With the scoot running(/reved up a bit) you should see at Least 13v at the battery. If not you have a problem between the stator/rectifier/battery.

superfevergurl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 10:15:23 PM »
They were dimming as I was riding. I discovered one of your (Zombie's) replies on a different post that said not to go above 35 watts for the HL or it can kill ur stator . . . . so I immediately went and took out the 45 watt HL bulb I had in there. Lights came back on at normal brightness, however now the bike will not start.  :'(. It'll crank, but won't turn over. Back to the basics. Gonna replace spark plug, charge battery, however I'm scared that I've ruined the stator and will need a new one.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 10:51:01 PM »
Sounds like MY life. The lights, and Ignition are on separate coils within the stator. One should not affect the other. Like you already know... Basics first. Check the ground on the coil (green wire), and you can use a test light to see if the stator is firing the coil. Put it on the black /yellow lead on the coil, and crank the scoot. You should see a very dim lighting of the light. This is an AC wire so it will be dim.
Wire troubleshooting is a royal pain. Hopefully it is a new plug to get you running.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()