Author Topic: Agility City 50 exactly how to deristrict  (Read 4446 times)

BigB32

• View Profile
Agility City 50 exactly how to deristrict
« on: March 17, 2012, 05:20:51 PM »
Hello all I am new to Kymco  have had the above scooter for 3 weeks now I purchased it from my local dealer here in U.K. and I have to say first impressions are very good apart from one thing .I bought the scooter knowing it is restricted to 30mph and I was told it could be de-ristricted to enable a touch more speed maybe 40mph or so that will do for me I thought.
Anyway to my point  what exactly do you need to do to the set up now to achieve say 40 ish mph ,after viewing posts on this forum  I took the scooter back to the dealer and he viewed posts on here as well and undertook some work on it put a 82 main jet in and done something with the variator
something about weights ,I dont really understand what he was on about  anyway the scooter is no better at all still will get up to 30mph and thats the lot, now I mentioned this CDI box fix about cutting the green wire but I thought I have read on this forum that Kymco do not now restrict them in that way is that true now my sooter is a 2012 model.
Any thoughts/ comments  please

Thank you

Bigb32

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
Re: Agility City 50 exactly how to deristrict
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 06:06:03 PM »
More than likely your variator boss is still restricted. This is a bushing that the variator rides on. It's restricted because instead of being completely smooth it has a shoulder on it larger in diameter. This will not allow the variator to fully close and engage high gear. Basically you need a boss that is all the same diameter. You can order one or you can take the one you have to a machine shop and have it turned down.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

BigB32

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »
Hi thanks for that info is that all I need to do to the scooter now to up its speed to 40 ish mph  do I not need to touch this CDI box/lead fix in any way .
Thanks for your reply
BigB32

juice

• View Profile

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 12:58:50 AM »
Hi thanks for that info is that all I need to do to the scooter now to up its speed to 40 ish mph  do I not need to touch this CDI box/lead fix in any way .
Thanks for your reply
BigB32

You only need the boss to derestrict, all the newer agilitys dont have the restricted cdi's with the wire to cut. That should get you just over 40mph,prob 42-43mph.

Ask the guy what weight of rollers he fitted in it, stoc is 6.5gso if you go lighter, maybe 6g or 5.5g, it helps accleration a little but you may lose 1-2mph top end.Go higher, say 7g-7.5g,you may get another mph or so top end,if you can ever get there cos mine dies on anything over 5.5g. 6g seems to work on soe newer agilitys tho. Its just trial and error, thats why its better doing it yourself instead of paying someone.Its not that hard if you have a basic knowledge and the correct tools.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

BigB32

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »
ok thanks for the replies I will do the variator boss fix and report back with the results

Once again thanks for the information guys

BigB32

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 10:01:11 PM »
Old Boss  -  New Boss

BigB32

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »
Hi all sorry for the delay in responding with my findings ,anyway here goes put a 85 main jet in made no difference then went on to  a smooth boss  and looked into the cdi box fix some people state the cdi box is not restricted some say it is and you just need to cut the box , I can tell you now if you have a 2012 model you do NOT need to cut the box in any way you just need to disconnect the violet coloured wire to the box and that is it, so we did that and now what a difference I can now scoot along well over thirty now dont want to push it too hard yet . Apparently the design and layout of 2012 cdi box has been changed hence no need to cut .
Hope this helps I am  well happy  now with what I have got

Cheers for now

BigB32   

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 05:56:52 PM »
Nice  8)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Japennell

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 05:59:25 PM »
So you didnt change the boss?  How fast does it go for you now?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »
He says he did swap to a smooth boss Jap.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Japennell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 06:30:59 PM »
Oh, my bad,  You're right.  Thanks.

donut

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 02:43:15 AM »
Hi -
just bought a 2007 4T in the states that is as slow as molasses...
so many members here are from different countries...
are all the deristricting thread for a 4T?
just making sure.
thanks a bunch!

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 08:28:19 AM »
Hi -
just bought a 2007 4T in the states that is as slow as molasses...
so many members here are from different countries...
are all the deristricting thread for a 4T?
just making sure.
thanks a bunch!

yes they are :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 03:58:17 AM »
Hi all sorry for the delay in responding with my findings ,anyway here goes put a 85 main jet in made no difference then went on to  a smooth boss  and looked into the cdi box fix some people state the cdi box is not restricted some say it is and you just need to cut the box , I can tell you now if you have a 2012 model you do NOT need to cut the box in any way you just need to disconnect the violet coloured wire to the box and that is it, so we did that and now what a difference I can now scoot along well over thirty now dont want to push it too hard yet . Apparently the design and layout of 2012 cdi box has been changed hence no need to cut .
Hope this helps I am  well happy  now with what I have got

Cheers for now

BigB32    

Could you specify as to if you tested after you cut the wire after installing the smooth boss to ensure the speed increase wasn't just from the smooth boss?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()