Author Topic: Kymco Agility RS 50 HELP!!!!!!  (Read 2718 times)

HarryAskham

• View Profile
Kymco Agility RS 50 HELP!!!!!!
« on: March 18, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »
Hello, I have an 09 plate Kymco Agility RS 50, when I bought it the guy said that it was half de restricted as he took something out the Carburettor, CDI is restricted and variators and rollers have not been touched. Today I put a 85 main jet in the carb, then lost the original that was in there somehow, think it was an 82 but not positive! Now it only goes 15mph, it used to go just under 40? :( I have ordered an 82 jet but that will take a few days to arrive so wondering what else could be the problem and also how to increase the speed even more?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Agility RS 50 HELP!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:23:32 PM »
The jet could make it slow that much. You can melt solder into your jet, and down size it with torch tip cleaners or pinn drills. Even a sewing needle will work to open the solder up. Figure SLIGHTLY smaller than the 85 and work down.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=opera&rls=en&q=torch+tip+cleaners&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17087779627859652436&sa=X&ei=HFJmT7qYC6PLsQKQwty2Dw&ved=0CGEQ8wIwAQ
You can get these at most hardware stores local
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:24:11 PM »
You can even melt the solder on the stove top.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

HarryAskham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 09:33:49 PM »
Okay thanks, if I put an 82 jet back in the carb do you reckon it will go back up to the speed it was doing before?
This is also the cabling of my CDI, what wire do I cut to disable the rev limiter?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:26:01 PM by HarryAskham »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 12:57:23 AM »
what kind of drive boss do you have in there.if it is the that is bigger at one end you need to get the one that is the same size all the way.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 09:17:45 PM »
Okay thanks, if I put an 82 jet back in the carb do you reckon it will go back up to the speed it was doing before?
This is also the cabling of my CDI, what wire do I cut to disable the rev limiter?

Can you post a better photo of the cdi or do you know if its the same as a normal a50 cdi?

You didnt drop the old jet into the carb somewhere did you? It may still be rattling about in there?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

HarryAskham

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 10:05:11 PM »
Hello, yes sorry have uploaded a better picture now, it is not the same CDI as I have seen on the internet, it only has one block, not two that you connect into, it also has 8 pins. I haven't dropped the jet in the carburettor but will have a look around that area when the new  jet comes. Just wondering how I disable the rev limiter as I have heard that with the CDI I have you cut an external wire?
Thanks

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 10:09:32 PM »
Hello, yes sorry have uploaded a better picture now, it is not the same CDI as I have seen on the internet, it only has one block, not two that you connect into, it also has 8 pins. I haven't dropped the jet in the carburettor but will have a look around that area when the new  jet comes. Just wondering how I disable the rev limiter as I have heard that with the CDI I have you cut an external wire?
Thanks

I dont know myself but if you cant find out more then maybe email kymco on their website? I asked a couple of questions in the past and got an answet in a couple of days.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

HarryAskham

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 10:15:15 PM »
I will ring them tomorrow but I doubt they will give me any information on what to do to disable the rev limiter? Somebody on here must know how to do it with the CDI I have!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()