Author Topic: AGILITY 50 SCOOT WON'T START, NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!  (Read 2046 times)

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
AGILITY 50 SCOOT WON'T START, NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!
« on: March 19, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »
I have a 08 Agility 50 scoot I can't get to start. Not sure what the problem is tho! I have no fire at spark plug. The CDI box has power to it! But, seems to have nothing coming out. There are two plugs on CDI. One with three wires & One with one wire. The plug with 3 wires none of them ever have power coming out. They all stay grounded!  The blue wire with yellow stripe is crank signal wire from engine. The black wire with white stipe appears to be the wire that will shut scoot down at ignition switch. The other wire is black with some stripe which appears to be signal to coil to tell it to fire. How do I tell if CDI is problem or maybe crank sensor? NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
Drive it like you stole it! Lol......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: AGILITY 50 SCOOT WON'T START, NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 12:21:57 AM »
..are you getting fuel to the cylinder?
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:22:43 AM »
In the general section there is a thread called "links to manuals". The testing info is in the manual there. That is all AC fired wiring so it will read ground if testing with dc meter/test light. I would disconnect the "kill" wire to be sure there is no issue on that side, and get a NEW plug before trying anything else.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:31:02 AM »
In the general section there is a thread called "links to manuals".

..i just brought that link to the front of the board...

..that link is pretty deep in that topic...

peace

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 03:23:40 AM »
maybe crank sensor?

UH, Have i missed something here??
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 03:24:34 AM »
I have a 08 Agility 50 scoot I can't get to start. Not sure what the problem is tho! I have no fire at spark plug. The CDI box has power to it! But, seems to have nothing coming out. There are two plugs on CDI. One with three wires & One with one wire. The plug with 3 wires none of them ever have power coming out. They all stay grounded!  The blue wire with yellow stripe is crank signal wire from engine. The black wire with white stipe appears to be the wire that will shut scoot down at ignition switch. The other wire is black with some stripe which appears to be signal to coil to tell it to fire. How do I tell if CDI is problem or maybe crank sensor? NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

How bout that coil???
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:15:14 PM »
Word Slinger at this point & time I'm not worried about fuel! I need fire right now.

The Batman coil has no power to it! It gets it's signal from CDI box. Which CDI gets it's signal from crank sensor.

The major problem is no fire at plug & trying to figure out why the plug with 3 wires at CDI all stay grounded! No fire coming out on black wire to coil.

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 01:18:46 PM »
Zombie which wire would be the "kill" wire? The black one with white stripe that goes to the ignition switch? Have new plug installed already too.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 01:57:27 PM »
Word Slinger at this point & time I'm not worried about fuel! I need fire right now.

..sorry..thot i read that u had fire at plug..

..the black/blue comes off the kill switch, but from looking at the schematic, if you have nothing on blak/yellow to ignition coil, but do have power in on black/blue, only other possibilities are pulser, or the diode that's in the blue/yellow wiring circuit...or faulty cdi...

..did you get a look at the schematics in the service manual?

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »
Word Slinger I'm not sure how to check pulsar to see if it's working or not. I have continuity from backside of pulsar to the CDI. But, I never get a true pulsing from it. Like I do when I test stator. Wiring schematics are a weakness of mine. I'd rather pull the motor than mess with electrical problems!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 05:03:12 PM »
..section 15 in the service manual is where the info is...

..i'll look at it this evening...

:)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:43:47 PM by wordslinger »

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 06:42:16 PM »
Thanks Word Slinger!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 09:58:44 PM »
The wire going to the switch is a ground/kill switch. If you ground that wire it diverts the coil signal "killing" the engine. To test the pulsar is an impedance test. You will test the resistance to ground. The value is in the manual. I always take the easy way, and buy the cdi/stator, and install them one at a time to test. Then you wind up with at least one good spare. These parts go bad on a regular basis if you ride every dayI was going thru cdi at the six pack rate till I ordered on direct from Suitai. In four years I have bought three stators too.
To qualify the chewing up parts... I ride at an average 8,000rpm every day all day. I think Heat/vibration are the biggest problem for me.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 10:42:32 PM »
..i likes zombies way...

8)

..if you're not into schematics, then these test procedures gonna be tiresome...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 10:54:21 PM »
Should have said the pulsar is part of the stator when ordered. I have had my pulsar quit, and I fixed it by removing, and sanding the base where it mounts. The aluminum case oxidizes underneath the steel mounts.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()