Author Topic: Kymco Agility RS 50 Electric Start  (Read 1470 times)

HarryAskham

• View Profile
Kymco Agility RS 50 Electric Start
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:34:41 PM »
Hello, I have an 09 Kymco Agility RS 50, it has been de restricted at the main jet and the CDI, it has the same CDI as the Agility City, I think. I removed the pink/purple cable which disabled the rev limiter. My electric start has always been a bit dodgy and I had never got round to changing it, it might just be a coincidence but now it won't even turn over, it doesn't sound like it is doing anything? Kick start works fine. What I am asking is that because I removed that cable from the CDI is that the reason why my electric start isn't working at all?
Thank you.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Agility RS 50 Electric Start
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 06:06:31 PM »
If its easy enough to do then why not reconnect the wire and see if the electric start works again? If it does work then great, you know what it was. If it still doesnt work then its prob a fault on the electric start and coincidence it happened right now. If it was on its way out anyway then it seems likely that it is the same issue you already had and its just got worse over time.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

HarryAskham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 04:54:04 PM »
Thank you for your reply, I didn't put the cable back in and now it is starting first time, it definitely is just a faulty switch or relay, not sure which one yet, but thanks anyway :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 12:15:42 AM »
..harry, pretty sure there is a link to your scoot's service manual in the general board.."links to service manuals" thread...

..a good service manual is a must-have for every scoot enthusiast!!

peace
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:37:50 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()