Author Topic: Tires ?  (Read 2841 times)

BigOrange

• View Profile
Tires ?
« on: March 23, 2012, 07:26:09 AM »
I have a set of Avon Viper Stryke's on front and back about 2500-3000 miles left at the rate I am going 3 months.  I like the Avon's has anyone had good luck with other tires other than the OEM tires I think Kenda's or Shinko's.

Has anyone used the Michelin's Pilot, Pirelli advice would be great. I think the AVON Viper Strykes are good not quite as grippy as I would like.  Super Hot climate where I live.  It will be over 100 degrees for 90 + days this summer.  I need long lasting, grippy and weather tolerant.

Still trying to shrink a photo small enough to load to show super awesome two tone seat.

I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Tires ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:54:34 PM »
Wow, I can just barely see the seat in your personal ID photo.  It IS awesome!  I've been using Shinko for the rear -- they're grippy but wear out fast.  I don't know if you'll find grippy AND long lasting.  Maxxis comes on some Xcitings -- good grip but wear out fast too.

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »
I prefer the faster wearing of the tires which show they are of soft and sticky rubber over a high mileage tire that may just get hard in the hot summer. I have the Kenda on my bike and I am quite happy with them. At the same time, I would be curious about the Michelin Pilot sports.
Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 06:16:03 AM »
I am in Tucson south of you. I was looking into the Michelin City Grips. They are on sale at Chaparral Motorsports 143 for both free shipping.
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 07:35:24 PM »
Those are what I want to run next too.  I still have the stock tires - though they are wearing fast.  If I didn't have a 4 year old that takes priority over my bike - then I'd have them by now.
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

Rayweddel

• View Profile
    • Lone Mountain Truck Leasing
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »
Tires have to be a better concern of any kind of Vehicles. As per my opinion MRF and Apollo Tires  are the best option for every car owners. Every one have must change their vehicle's tires within 5 to 6 months in a year.

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 04:26:28 AM »
How many miles should a set of tires last for an xc250?

I have a set of Avon Viper strikes.  I think they have about 4500 miles on them.  I am in the desert hot roads and dry conditions. Lots of gravel and asphalt patch, road humps and speed bumps a nightmare for tires.  The center strip on th back tire is on the wear bar.  How much further can I safely push it.
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

CommuterScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »
I'm at 6200 miles for the original OEM's on my Xciting 250.  The rear is needing to be replaced as the tread is getting down there and showing some signs of dry rot.  The front almost looks brand new. 

I'm wondering if anybody has some tire ideas for us non hot climates, i.e. the Pacific NW.  I deal with a lot of wet roads and cooler weather since I ride year round.
09 Xciting 250

davisX500

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »
Big orange I have one exactly like yours color and all. Never used anything but avon no need to stop using a good thing

ailixhomes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 06:21:09 AM »
According to me  Tires are main part of our cars, bikes means all vehicles. Now a days lots of new tires brands on market like Aeolus tire from china, Alliance tire from Israel, Apollo tires from India, Birla tires from India, TVS tire from India and many more. 

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 07:49:55 AM »
Davis? How many miles on the Avon's?
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()