Author Topic: Newer A50 cdi's ARE still restricted say Kymco UK?  (Read 1027 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Newer A50 cdi's ARE still restricted say Kymco UK?
« on: March 23, 2012, 10:30:55 AM »
No one seems certain about the a50 cdi's on the newer scoots and whether they are restricted or not. I took it they were not restricted on 2012 models onward at least, poss some 2011 models too. Just emailed Kymco UK and got an answer from them so here's what i wrote them,

"I have a 2010 Agility 50cc which is now derestricted with a smooth boss and 82 jet but i am unsure if the cdi still has the rev limiter in the 2010 models? I know my 07 plate a50 had a restricted cdi which i was able to cut the wire on at the bottom edge but people say newer a50's have unrestricted cdi's already? Could you please confirm if the new a50's do indeed have unrestricted cdi's and tell me when this change came about? Is my 2010 a50 cdi restricted or not? I believe the restriction was removed by Kymco from either 2010 or 2011 or 2012 models onwards?

Thanks for any help/advice offered."

This is their answer,

" Dear Stephen The situation with the Agility 50 cdi has not changed since their introduction, the cdi has a rev limiter fitted on all models leaving the assembly plant. Regards".

Now if thats true, as i would expect it prob is since its direct from Kymco Tech dept, then the new cdi's are still rev limited. Someone with a newer model may need to butcher a cdi to see whats inside? Im just glad i own a 2008 model and could cut mine, i 100% knkw my cdi is not restricted now, seems theres been some confusion with the newer cdi's, hope this helps some people out.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
Re: Newer A50 cdi's ARE still restricted say Kymco UK?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:35:31 AM »
This is the contact details for Kymco UK tech dept if anyone needs it, http://www.kymco.co.uk/contact-us_tech.html . I got a reply to my question within 30mins of emailing them!
Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:48:38 PM »
Does anyone live near shrewsbury that can help me fit a smooth boss as 38mph would suit me fine not botherd about the other derestrictions, i wish argos were still selling the boatian starway scooters they came fully derestricted and could do 45mph on the flat, the kymco has been more reliable but i just want that bit more speed for the long country roads even tractors over take me lol but seriously some of them can and do.....
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:51:04 PM by kisbee »
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »
Does anyone live near shrewsbury that can help me fit a smooth boss as 38mph would suit me fine not botherd about the other derestrictions,

I remember i used to say that too..... ;D

Sorry tho, i live in Glasgow so no where near you mate. A smooth boss should get you just over 40mph on the speedo, normally 42-ish if all else is working well.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »
I remember i used to say that too....now i want a steady 48-50mph. ;D

Sorry tho, i live in Glasgow so no where near you mate. A smooth boss should get you just over 40mph on the speedo, normally 42-ish if all else is working well.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()