Author Topic: Clutch problem or something else?  (Read 19342 times)

dBuster2009

• View Profile
Re: Clutch problem or something else?
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2012, 01:04:23 PM »
There is no "backwards". Only Opposite of the direction it came off. If you change the running direction it will re stretch in the new direction 1/2ing the life of the belt. Look at which way it is on the scoot, and replace it the same way. If a particular belt has an arrow... follow that.

So basically then, if I put it on one way do not reverse it when I do the drpulley sliders this weekend?!  Unless of course the belt has an arrow on it.  I wouldn't think one week of riding would be that much of a difference to change it around the other way but then again maybe it would.

I am starting to believe that my flat sided stock rollers may be part of the reason for the belt slippage.  ie not letting the variator work properly to keep the belt tight sort of thing.  Once again I will find out this weekend after the sliders installation!
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha XS850G

dBuster2009

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »
New sliders are in!  A Mix of 12 gram and 13 gram Dr Pulley sliders!  Lets say so far hard to tell the difference in the performance. Does feel a bit more responsive and the top end is not such a high rpm any more.  Will be a good test on the way home tonight as I will not be limited by a 49cc riding partner (the wife) we leave at different times.

I can say that the squeal of the belt is gone.  Didn't change it just put the new variator fan on with cleaning as much up as I could.  Went through a good half a can of brake clean and still probably could have used more.

I did not remove the clutch pack and that is probably my down fall.  I am now going to say that the little bit of shudder and lunging/lurching I am feeling now is from the clutch as everything else is pretty much new.  It is definitely not like it was and is more manageable to deal with now.  I guess time to look for clutch pack issues and definitely hesitant to tear into that but I am sure it isn't all that bad is it? 

Also can the clutch pack be an issue for the shuddering and little lunge at take off??
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha XS850G

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2012, 02:23:44 PM »
New sliders are in!  A Mix of 12 gram and 13 gram Dr Pulley sliders! 

Welcome to the wonderful world of torn sliders and slider change every 1500 kms.  ;D
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

dBuster2009

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of torn sliders and slider change every 1500 kms.  ;D

I replaced my factory rollers as they had flat spots and that is what I thought might have been causing the lunging/jumping/lurching from a stop giving it gas. 

The old ones, the rollers were nasty dirty and like I said had flat spots.  Hopefully these DR Pulley sliders last a while...

At least now I can pull the cover and get in there in oh say 30 minutes to change out rollers/sliders! and be back on the road!

I also need to replace that gasket that goes on that cover but I am not going to do so until I know I am done going in there for a while.  IT is now torn in two places but I thought not a big deal as that cvt area is open to air in a couple areas.... so it doesn't need to be sealed like say the motor does.
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha XS850G

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »

I've got around 7500km on my sliders as we speak, still look as new.
Tomorrow I'll be slappin' in the Malossi Multivar.. and will probably order sliders for that thing too.

Try them in your 250S, you'll never go back to normal weights.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Matsui56

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2012, 10:17:03 PM »
+1 for this fix.

Just bought an Agility 125 and it was having this surging/jerking issue. Did essentially what is a scooter brakestand, took probably 3-4 tries but the issue has now gone away. Pretty awesome, I was able to negotiate a pretty good price for the machine from the seller thinking that this could have been an expensive repair.

Kymco Forum to the rescue!

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2012, 07:00:56 AM »
 ;D
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()