Author Topic: A brisk ride this a.m.  (Read 7021 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: A brisk ride this a.m.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 07:19:35 AM »
Just curious where all of those tough Harley guys are!

Ask my wife...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 07:50:19 AM »

Ask my wife...

R
Bad weather might rust their chrome lol!

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 05:06:33 PM »

Ask my wife...

All of last year, I was a Harley guy. I wouldn't have ridden in this cold on that uncomfortable pile of metal. The scooter is just downright fun, regardless of temp/weather.
My cousin still owns his Harley. We did ride together a few times last year. I asked if he would want to go riding again with me this year - me on my scooter and him on his Harley. His answer? An emphatic, "NO!"
I don't understand the stigma with scooters. Even before I even considered a scooter, I viewed anyone on motorized two wheels my brothers and sisters. Harley guys/gals can have the perception that they are superior - and that they are tough.
But it's true that when the weather turns cold, the Harley guys can seem to be the first ones to put their bikes away (including me last year). I've poked at my cousin a few times that when the temps are below 40, I may only see one or two cruisers. When the temps are below 30, me and my scooter are the only two wheels on the road.
I think scooterists deserve more props than they receive. There's a negative connotation associated with scooters in the United States that seems to be from a lack of education. Not to mention, scooters don't always seem to be given their "time" through ads and such here.
Personally, I'm ready to start a scooter revolution in the US. It's much needed!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 07:27:46 PM »
I think scooterists deserve more props than they receive. There's a negative connotation associated with scooters in the United States that seems to be from a lack of education. Not to mention, scooters don't always seem to be given their "time" through ads and such here.
Personally, I'm ready to start a scooter revolution in the US. It's much needed!

You are one of the very few that can see the light through the propaganda (bigger is better)(buy our SUV to enjoy life)(gasoline is OURS)!
I think unfortunately the Prop. has won in the US. I wouldn't mind siting on a water tower full of ammo to debate the point tho... WHO'S first on the opposing team?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 08:25:38 PM »
The balaclava is the thing.  That is the one thing good that come out of Russia.

Richard

It's called a scooter, it sounds like a toy.  I call mine a step thru motorcycle. 
You should stop abusing the Yager.  Our Yagers do like to be abused like that. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 02:49:41 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 03:56:06 AM »
Nice ah aaa ahh hands... I guess...

quinnmallory

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 05:12:28 AM »
I never got the scooter stigma, either. Like motorcycles, they go on two wheels, are steered with a handlebar, the throttle makes it go, etc. So it's a step-through design...some of us have bad backs and can't swing a leg over a tank constantly.

I saw a funny Harley commercial once where the main chant was "We believe..." Eventually, the many voices starting sounding like The Borg (nothing against Harley folks; it was the video that amused me). This is it --

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 06:06:42 AM »
May be it's a culture thing (in general). Taiwanese prefer scoots. Thais and Malays, etc. prefer the "underbone" or cub, Americans just love the cruiser be they Harleys, Hondas, Yamahas. Americans love the mean-bad-rough-metal-evil image and the band wagon spreads like fever. Another culprit i think is Hollywood! Nobody wants to see Nicolas Cage on a flaming Kymco! lol! or  Arnold Schwarzenegger wearing crocs on a Super 8 saying "I'll be back!". In the real world, it's a lot different.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 09:42:35 PM »
May be it's a culture thing (in general). Taiwanese prefer scoots. Thais and Malays, etc. prefer the "underbone" or cub, Americans just love the cruiser be they Harleys, Hondas, Yamahas. Americans love the mean-bad-rough-metal-evil image and the band wagon spreads like fever. Another culprit i think is Hollywood! Nobody wants to see Nicolas Cage on a flaming Kymco! lol! or  Arnold Schwarzenegger wearing crocs on a Super 8 saying "I'll be back!". In the real world, it's a lot different.

:D :D :D   Great Scott, i think we have a winner... :D  :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 11:44:09 PM »
I never did believe that all Russian girls looked like guys.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 05:12:02 AM »
Only in the winter months! A girl's gotta stay warm...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
Here in NC they're either called a "Mopad" or "Liqueursycle". I kinda like liqueursycle. My trunk will definitely fit a handle of rum :D. And a case between my legs! Should call it "partysycle". I like "step-through" too. Does that mean I can bring this video back?!

I did it!
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2012, 12:25:55 AM »
I fit a 12 pack, and a bag of ice in the seat. Just drilled a hole for the drain. You gotta drink fast tho. The ice lasts about an hour.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()