Author Topic: oil  (Read 6403 times)

stevenk24

• View Profile
oil
« on: March 30, 2012, 10:01:12 AM »
how much oil should be on the dip stick ??

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
Re: oil
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:09:13 AM »
If you look in the manual you will see.

Please, no offence, but this should be the first place you should look.

The oil should be between the minimum and the maximum marker on the dipstick. Remember to have your scooter on center stand when you check this. :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »
  Remember to have your scooter on center stand when you check this 

And stand it on level ground. Sure it takes about 0.7L at oil change.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 10:41:01 AM »
And also you dont screw the dipstick back in to check level just place it upto the start of the screw thread, also check it when it has not run for at least 10 mins or more to allow all the oil to have settled back down to the sump. I check mine every 500km and if it needs it fill it back upto the max mark which is the top of the the cross hatch marks on the dipstick although mine rarely needs topping up. Im about to do my seconed oil change at 3000km my first being at 400km im just deciding if i should use 10w40 magnatec car oil which i have 3 litres sitting in the shed doing nothing or go out and buy castrol fully synthetic 10w40 racing oil whch i used at my last change but just means the magnatec is going to waste, some say you should not use car oil in motorbikes but i cant see what the real difference would be....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:52:28 AM by kisbee »
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
For a 4-stroke, there are no diffrence weather you've got 1 cylinder or 4.
Just make sure to use the correct numbers (10W40 i u live in colder areas or 15W40 if you live in a place like southern europe). :D

Some say that using high grade racing oil have made wonders for their machine, but if you are using it for daily transport, just buy a decent oil and save the money. ;)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »
Its like eating.Do you want good food going in or bad food. give your scoot good food it might last longer give it bad then you might end up pushing it home some day.

Encya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »
I use Royal Purple 10w-40 MaxCycle.

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 04:45:26 PM »
Guys there is a difference in oil for a car motor (which is watercooled) vs. scooter motor (which most are air cooled)! I work for NAPA Auto Parts, and  been doing this since 1995. Putting the wrong oil in your four stroke scoot is almost as bad as putting the wrong two stroke mix in!!!!!!! Which is air vs. watercooled again.............
Drive it like you stole it! Lol......

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »
Forgot to mention on the two stroke oil I was refering to boat motor oil (watercooled) vs scooter oil (aircooled)!

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 05:19:16 PM »
(scooter russ) What are the differences???? i know air cooled can run hotter but im hoping because castrol magnatec is a fairly good oil it will have additives to help it deal with running at high temp im sure it would have better protection than a basic mineral motorcycle oil, also because i will be changing it every 2000 miles should not brake down to much compared to spending 10.000 miles plus in a car engine some service intervalls now for cars are 2 years 20.000 miles....

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 05:40:08 PM »
Every oil is made different! Whether it's Castrol, Royal Purple, Valvoline or any other brand. Each oil has different chemicals in it for the oil to perform the way the manufacturer wants it to work. Even from different brands like Valvoline and Castrol the oil maybe the same weight like 10w-30. But, it'll have different chemicals in it. In the case of scooter oil it's designed for the high heat and high rpm. So as long as you use a good aircooled engine oil that will handle the engine revs of 8,000 plus? Which I recommend Valvoline, Royal Purple or AMSoil. AMSoil and Royal Purple are both fully synthetic and both have specific oils for single cyl. air cooled motors. Another benfit to synthetic is you can run them in your scooter for longer periods of time. So you increase oil change intervals.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »
Biting my tongue so much right now.

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »
LOL . I can think of a couple of forum members who have probably swollowed their tongues by now .

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »
(blue) biting your tounge about what?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 12:39:48 AM »
ok here it gos. If someone cant even read oil on a dip stick they shoulden even own a scoot.
that is # 1 way of keeping up with the major repairs on a scoot. and # 1 on watching scoots brke down and find theam in the shop.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()