Author Topic: WTF ?????????????????  (Read 6582 times)

02 zx 50 s.f.

• View Profile
Re: WTF ?????????????????
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
I'm just going to strip the motor down and throw in a 70cc any thoughts will help and what about a striker crank do I need it or not ? It's my dd for now I just don't want to be full throttle to just be passed and flicked off and being full throttle can't be good for the scoot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 12:50:33 AM »
Just for pure ease, and long life I would go with a Malossi Cast Iron, and a Tech. RS2 pipe. You can use any carb from 17-20mm, and an open filter. It will get 50-55 without gears, and last for years. Even on the injector pump. Cost around 300-500 bucks
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

02 zx 50 s.f.

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »
Ok so I'm judging it's off on the speedo but I'm maxed at 50-55 on my speedo

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 02:44:39 AM »
The ONLY way to get off the speedo is gears. 55 is absolute top end without at least 8:1 final ratio. Malossi is about 100.00 for Primary gears. Theirs will only get to 8.7:1 but that will get you 60mph. and a comfortable 50 with the right rollers. 5.5-6gr...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

02 zx 50 s.f.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 01:47:50 PM »
So I just took the oil injection out and the o ring was good so I bent the tab that holds it down and it helped a lot but it's still funny with 7 gram rollers it's nice off the line but around 35 - 42 it's laging and then it takes off to aroun 55  once again that is what the tack says but I think it's 10% out or higher

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 10:49:49 PM »
Is your carb needle adjustable? Sounds like a simple needle adjustment to get the mid range right. Try doing a plug chop at JUST the rpm's where it struggles. Ride about a mile at only the trouble spot to see if it is rich or lean in that range. If you have a stationary needle measure yours, and get an adjustable one.

02 zx 50 s.f.

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »
Are you talking about the idel screw or the needle it's self is adjustable

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »
There is a long needle inside the slide in the Carb. Some are adjustable for mid range settings, and some are stationary.

02 zx 50 s.f.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 12:55:03 AM »
So yes it is and it turns out I blew a hole in the piston today I dont know why though but it is right under the spark plug.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 01:04:42 AM »
You were running too lean. WAY too lean. Do you plan to rebuild? I would invest in a vacuum/preasure tester, and test your cases for leaks.
You may or may not need a crank. You will need seals, acid to wash the aluminum off the cylinder walls, new base/head gaskets, wrist pin/bearing,piston/rings/clips, and a plug. Get a new o ring for the pump too. I PROMISE you it is bad.
Now would be a good time to think about a BBK. I can get the Malossi to you for 185.00
http://www.scooterworks.com/Malossi-Cyl-Kit--Kymco-ZX50-Honda-DIO-P2343C519.aspx

02 zx 50 s.f.

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 11:20:13 AM »
I'm going to take the case apart today I need to get the alum chunks out but the crank looks good along with the rod. Your a life saver with the bbk I've been looking all over the web but none say for zx I have been scared to order it and it not fit I've heard of the zx and dio kits are a hit or miss. Do I have a af18 and am I a zx , zx 2 I have seen a lot of zx's but not like mine it has the zx supper fever little sticker on both sides and in the front as others they have a huge sticker

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 03:40:02 AM »
There was an older model zx1 that was europe/asia. That was in the beginning of Kymco separating from Honda. It was one of the first Kymcos. Yours would be considered 2.
You may not have to open the cases either. I use Brake clean to wash it all down to the bottom, and tilt the case to pour it out. 2-3 times gets all the big stuff. As long as the crank/conrod spin with NO binding you should be good to go.
New seals are a MUST tho. You can pull them out using a pick (dont scratch anything) and the numbers you need are on the side of the seal. They are the actuall size, and you can replace them at most any auto parts for a couple bucks.
If you are really interested in a bbk. Email me.  malossiparts101@gmail.com   
I will beat EVERY PRICE AVAILABLE!

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 04:09:29 AM »
You're selling BBKs now zombie?
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 04:18:57 AM »
I have dealer pricing status on just about every performance brand in the usa. My agreement is very strict on what pricing I can offer, but I can discount by 10% on any advertised price. I have to have a link to the price, as proof. I will not stock anything so you order, I order the same day, and when I get it I ship straight to you. I am NOT allowed to drop ship on this agreement.
Everything from grips to exhausts.
Find what you need, and I'll hook you up at the best price available anywhere. All transactions are handled thru PayPal for protection.
                                                   malossiparts101@gmail

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 04:19:29 AM »
.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()