Author Topic: New to The forums  (Read 9087 times)

babbs

• View Profile
New to The forums
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:42 AM »
Hello everyone, new to the forums here, ive been reading them off and on for a couple weeks but decided to make a account and join in, got my first scoot about 2 weeks ago, its a 07 agility 50 with it says 20,000 km, on it. the guy i got it from said that it was just rebuilt. i got it to deliver jimmy johns subs on, which so far its been great. except when it comes to hills seeing as im 220lbs and i wouldnt expect it to pull my body up steep hills around here. but just wondering if theres anything i should do to it/things to keep in mind with the machine. kick start doesnt even turn over at all. which scares me. is that a hard fix? any thoughts getting up hills better?(where i live its extremely hilly) got it up to about 41 on a completely flat road. no idea if anything is aftermarket. seems pretty stock to me.

Well, any advice or pointers to me will be put into thought.
Thanks, Babbs

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: New to The forums
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »
Welcome Babbs. Try a stiffer contra/torque spring, 1000rpm or 1500rpm, and lighter rollers, 5.5 or 6g, and that will help uphills. I use 5.5g rollers and 1500rpm sprin in my 08 agility 50.

As for the kickstart, its prob just dust and dirt in the mech. Take off the whole cvt cover and give it a good clean and it should be fine. Mine goes periodically and once i clean it up its fine again, just dust etc off the belt makes it stick usually.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

babbs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Are those things something I could do myself? I'm pretty good with tools. But don't want to mess it up

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »
You can def take the cvt cover off and give it a clean out with a small paint brush and some cleaner spray, i use electronic cleaner spray.  And slightly oil the kick start mech inside when you take it off. Just loosen all the bolts that hold the cover on then pull it off. Only loosen the cover bolt tho   :o

You can have a look on here or youtube for a vid to see how to do the spring then decide if you think you can tackle that, it easy if you have the tools.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 08:29:26 AM »
There is a manual posted here on a thread called Links to Manuals... That will show you how easy it is. Even if All the K.S. parts need replacing it is under 50 bucks. You can't mess it up any way... It' already broke! Go for it. Welcome to the forum.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 08:44:51 AM »
welcome .take some time to get to know your scoot.nothing wrong with giveing a good tuneing yourself.
theres a lot you can do that dont take much. just do what you can handle. if ya need help just keep checking back to the fourm we are here to help good luck.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:05:44 AM »
"we are here to help"

Babbs is doomed...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 01:32:33 AM »
"we are here to help"

Babbs is doomed...

Hope Babbs can read a dip stick.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 01:42:03 AM »
I flinched!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 01:43:30 AM »
..babbs..you got this...you aint doomed...lmao..get over the squemishness...d-load the service manual...post back with any questions you cant figure out...

..i'm 230, and my a50 hauls my ass just fine...

..not outstanding!!!...just fine...

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 02:22:11 AM »
I flinched!

Dont spill your coffe.          or beer.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 03:23:53 AM »
Just had to blow the dirt of my     cigarette.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 08:29:38 AM »
Just had to blow the dirt of my     cigarette.

Once you deconstruct them, add your own "special tobacco blend" and re-roll it then it ceases to be called a cigarette lol.

Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 11:26:25 PM »
I'll keep that in mind!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 11:38:20 PM »
Once you deconstruct them, add your own "special tobacco blend" and re-roll it then it ceases to be called a cigarette lol.

....kmfao!!!

:o 8) :o 8) :o
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()