Author Topic: General politics and economy thread  (Read 17090 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: General politics and economy thread
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2012, 03:54:20 AM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2012, 05:19:13 AM »
Its not about being smart or not, no matter how smart you are its difficult to beat someone who will use all their power and influence to force others to back them and their ideas up, which is what the US does on a daily basis. Smaller countries are coerced, bullied, threatened, bribed and forced to accept what the US wants, its the American way. Sure other countries do it too but none have anywhere near the pwerbase the US has thanks to decades of being used by America, and that includes Britain.

I dont care how rich and powerful my nation can become thro these underhand means, i dont want it if it means being a dictator to the world. How could i sit happily in my mansion, with all my comforts, stuffing my face with food and wine,  watching my 120" lcd tv show pictures of starving 3rd world countries? I couldnt, but many could.

The only way to end it is for the public to get so sick of the lies and deceit that they rise up and do something to force change. I thought it was happening with the occupy movement but alas it seems to have failed for now, but unless things drastically change then occupy level 2 will begin soon and this time it will be civil war i fear. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer but eventually it will get to that point where they have had enough. If you keep kicking a dog then eventually it will turn around one day and bite you in the ass.

The whole capitalist system is unsustainable, like a huge pyramid scam it WILL come crashing down. We need a new more fair way, where everyone shares the wealth and resources we have on this planet equally instead of this crap we have no with the haves vs the have nots. I vote for civil disobedience as a start, re-ignite the occupy movement, ignore their laws, stop paying taxes, and force the change we all need.

"You may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, and the world can live as one" -  wiser words have not been spoken, we need a new global revolutionary group, and we need it now!
Fact is the US wasn't always as big and powerful as we are today, someone or group had to make it that way. We, America clawed our way to the top, beat the English, the Spanish, and any other challange that came our way (to this point).

As for a shared system of wealth, you've got to be kidding me. It's ad enough I pay for someone to sit home on their fat ass while work my butt off, you want more sharing then we now have?

If you are smart enough and or work hard enough to get where you are why should I pay someone to sit home? We all are offered an education, for free mind you. It's up to the person to do something with that education. Where do you draw the line? Everyone gets a Lexus and a brownstone in NYC? Or maye a condo along Miami beach
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2012, 05:43:25 AM »
Reality versus Ideal. Where do you really draw the line? It's everywhere and it's human nature. It's in among countries and within countries. It's in society even, at work, school, and every neighborhood. Be it America, Japan, Europe, etc. Human nature is the same. There's greed, deceit, and gluttony. Somebody succeeds, you pull him down because he got his wealth thru unacceptable norms. One hates a promoted co-worker because he used corporate politics to get there. A neighborhood bully is king because he's big and owns several spydercos. A third grader is envied because he is a "teacher's pet". Don't do it because it's bad and immoral or do it because you need to survive this "dog-eat-dog" society.  Love the colonizers or hate them? The world is confused!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2012, 06:06:09 AM »
+all
I didn't mean to put fluffy up there. It was supposed to be the "Lollipop Kids"
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
+all
I didn't mean to put fluffy up there. It was supposed to be the "Lollipop Kids"

nah man was funny anyway. for sum reason if i smoke i ride better plus the scoot seems to go quicker than it actually is?!?
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »
As ruce put it, "Poor man wants to be rich, rich man wants to be king, king ain't satisfied until he rules everything".
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2012, 12:53:40 AM »
I'm more than happy giving it away. I support my toys/dogs/cats, and anything else goes to taking friends to dinner, or to the beach w/ their kids, or just on a day trip somewhere. I figure I'm gonna wear out before retirement so I don't really need a full bank.
I don't really understand the mentality to want more than you can use. Seems like alot of bother keeping track/guarding/counting/hoarding/protecting/worry to the grave.
I mentioned Asian Market bonds... The only stocks/bonds I have ever bought were on or at the worst times financially for the companies. I bought Dell at &7.25 when they released their first stocks. I bought Citi group at $1.07 during the bank crisis, and I bought Japanese Govt bonds 3 days after the earthquake. The rest of the world is running away, and I am staying put. These bonds will make enough in 5-7 years that I may not need to keep my business open beyond that They need the help to recover, and have the infrastructure to do it Quickly. This is not the first nuclear rodeo for them. Enough is the goal. I don't get the I need more bit

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2012, 03:26:25 AM »
I'm more than happy giving it away. I support my toys/dogs/cats, and anything else goes to taking friends to dinner, or to the beach w/ their kids, or just on a day trip somewhere. I figure I'm gonna wear out before retirement so I don't really need a full bank.
I don't really understand the mentality to want more than you can use. Seems like alot of bother keeping track/guarding/counting/hoarding/protecting/worry to the grave.
I mentioned Asian Market bonds... The only stocks/bonds I have ever bought were on or at the worst times financially for the companies. I bought Dell at &7.25 when they released their first stocks. I bought Citi group at $1.07 during the bank crisis, and I bought Japanese Govt bonds 3 days after the earthquake. The rest of the world is running away, and I am staying put. These bonds will make enough in 5-7 years that I may not need to keep my business open beyond that They need the help to recover, and have the infrastructure to do it Quickly. This is not the first nuclear rodeo for them. Enough is the goal. I don't get the I need more bit

It's just a matter of attitude dude! and you got it! My goal is for my children to finish their education, retire, buy a big flat screen, big fridge, and a multi-burner stove (I love to cook), stay at home, watch movies, cook, eat, and do some gardening.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2012, 04:06:09 AM »
Less is more Bro! Why are people in such a hurry to collect sh** that Never has a use. 12 pairs of shoes, 3 closets full of clothes, summer house, winter house, city house, 950,000.00 in the bank, and the daughter is a runaway meth head at 17. The son is a date rapist in Collage, and the wife is more plastic than a Barbie doll.
I guess that is what makes some happy... Don't see it
I like to garden, and kids, and puppies, and kittens, and everyone else that likes Pina' Colada's.

Fu(k Jersey!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2012, 05:03:07 AM »
yeah bro, gardening! a man who clings to the soil, lives long...

Off topic: Typical day in Taiwan...http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WMmSBAHCb5U/Tf9sFAzZT9I/AAAAAAAAAOE/22p2JMZHcFk/s1600/scooters.jpg
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:25:41 AM by Vivo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2012, 06:43:16 AM »
That scared the sh t out of me! Like a scooter zombie invasion . No wonder there is such a difference in skill sets. 5 Year olds can tune there.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2012, 12:03:21 PM »
Ballance in life is what's needed, you cannot work so hard that you neglect your family or yourself, money is only important if your around long enough to enjoy it. Money has it's place ut it's not first place, being in touch with ones sprit is far more important.

Where you say F Jersey is that Jersey from near y England or NJ as in the US? And why?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2012, 08:08:11 PM »
New Jersey US! I'm from Long Island, and all the Jersey "Guido's" would show up in the "Hamptons" acting like A holes... Thus F Jersey.
Like getting Canada arrested for possession... Just something to do.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
Nah, i dont get this hoarding crap either, if i dont need it or i wont really use it then  i dont buy it. Money comes in, i spend it on essensials 1st like food and bills, then whats left goes on the kids, the scooters or my car. If i got anything left after that i just blaze it up in smoke or consider it as beer tokens. Money doesnt motivate me, prob why i like to get rid of it as soon as it comes in. Long as i got a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food in my belly and enough to cover expenses and emergencies then im content and happy. I have no need for material crap to clutter up my life and house.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2012, 11:10:28 PM »
New Jersey US! I'm from Long Island, and all the Jersey "Guido's" would show up in the "Hamptons" acting like A holes... Thus F Jersey.
Like getting Canada arrested for possession... Just something to do.

That's a pretty blanket statement, being from and still living in NJ I can tell you were  not all "Guido's" that's like saying their all part of the mob too. Some just want to act that way, kind of like kids today wanting to be bad assed or gangsta. In short long on stupid short on brains. I am curious as to how you knew they were from Jersey, did they wear a sign? Lol!

But I don't take offense, those Jersey shore guys are from NY, so that tells you the shoe is on the other foot in NJ.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()