Author Topic: General politics and economy thread  (Read 17641 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: General politics and economy thread
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 02:26:03 AM »
'Tis my home State. We are like a country within a country.

Yes, Vermont! Like Europe in the U.S. Miss Vermont USA Lauren Carter comes to mind! ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 03:29:20 AM »
"what pissed me, and a lot of fellow countrymen, are the American politics and propaganda behind every scene. The things we don't see, the puppeteers!"

How does one agree to the tops of the mountains, and the bottoms of the bottoms?  Times INFINITY!

The Puppeteers! You Know if Arnold or Jessie were Pres. There would be a Whole lot of Butt kicking going on. (Schwarzenegger/Ventura)
That may sound Naive but we do have some politicians that do care. They are just railroaded at every corner. It's the ones that kiss big corporates arse that get "elected". I TRULY thought Obama was going to "care" but guess I was wrong there too. (promised an end to the wars)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 03:43:59 AM »
The Puppeteers! You Know if Arnold or Jessie were Pres. There would be a Whole lot of Butt kicking going on. (Schwarzenegger/Ventura)
That may sound Naive but we do have some politicians that do care. They are just railroaded at every corner. It's the ones that kiss big corporates arse that get "elected". I TRULY thought Obama was going to "care" but guess I was wrong there too. (promised an end to the wars)

What happens is, elected officials, with their visions, principles, political will, and what have you gets SWALLOWED by the "system" once they step inside the White House, Capitol Hill, etc. Again, it's a culture thing. I was once employed in government and  promised myself not to do what others do...I was wrong.  Just got out in time.  "When in Rome, do what the Romans do" so to speak.  Sometimes Presidents or leaders who initiate changes, gets assassinated. A very sad reality.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 04:03:45 AM »
I full well understand that one. At 18 I enlisted in the Marines as an MP. My goal was to work it to State Troopers, and finally FBI. I did my 6, and walked. Once you are in the "room" your free will is attacked constantly. Your goals become unattainable, and your ambition wains until you are the puppet you despise. It is a very sad commentary on how the real world works. There is no individual way to make change. Even the ones that volunteer their lives for change are swept under the rug, or left in an alley. Try to swim up the next waterfall you find...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 04:29:20 AM »
God Bless America! I'm not against Americans per se, ... you know what I'm talking about right? I have a brother in Houston, cousins in Florida and Colorado, and a lot of other relatives there. I'm sure your father is a good soldier and so are a lot of American soldiers but what pissed me, and a lot of fellow countrymen, are the American politics and propaganda behind every scene. The things we don't see, the puppeteers!

OK now I better see your point. The US has changed a great deal since Reagan left office, I felt his first term was our last true shot at changing things around. They shot him, yes to me it was a hit that missed, but he got the message and stopped pushing his second term.

Ever since we've been pushing the boundries throwing our weight around sticking our noses where it doesn't and never belonged. Ron Paul gets my vote for those reasons. be carful my American friends, that fence they put up between the US and Mexico isn't there to keep the Mexican's out, it's to keep YOU IN when the S#!t hits the fan.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 05:28:11 AM »
So, is it "If you can't beat them, join them" principle? For me, I may join "for survival purposes" I need to eat, sleep, work, raise my kids and enjoy my scooter! But in doing so, keep my guards up and keep my principles intact. At least I know what I am doing, should be doing and should not be doing. I don't have the luxury to stick to my principles, shout out my rights, and run to the mountains for refuge.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 06:10:14 AM »
I say this with all humility... I see the only change being catastrophic. We all know whats wrong, but the "machine" is BIG. The only way it will change will be "biblical" (not the bible per say, Just a flood of sorts). The Internet will end civilization. Hack the banks/scramble the accounts, and it WILL end. Once again...Money is the root. Kill the root, and the whole plant dies.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 06:37:19 AM »
I remembered the great flood that hit our country back in September 2009 (typhoon "Ondoy") Flood waters rose to 12 feet just 2 inches from my house' second floor, gobbled up my car and one motorbike, and everything on the ground floor. A lot of people died, homes destroyed, cars floating everywhere, in short it was catastrophic. It was during these times when people helped people, no rich, no poor. Everybody helped everybody. The irony of it all is that, it is in disasters like these that people change, people become human beings again. I didnt need money because there's nothing to buy. I needed water and food.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 06:48:32 AM »
But if the Japs had their way with you and they did for a time you'd be speaking another tune.
You think, the old Japanese of WW2 are still alive and making politics? Same with Russians, Nazis etc.? Then: How much wars did Japanese & Co started in the last decades?
I do not make people responsible for something their ancestors did. But If you want, I can remind you of the native Americans and request to make justice at home first.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 07:06:39 AM »
Great! justice for the native Americans! Let's start with Cristoforo Colombo (Christoper Columbus), an Italian, the first Mob Boss? Lol!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 07:21:47 AM »
Every "civilization" has had issues. It has always been Kill or Be Killed. Sucks if you're the later... Gets back to people are animals. If you make someone autonomous they grow bigger balls. If you automatize a nation people will feed off each others aggression until everything is excused, and moral decay sets in. That is the current situation in the US. Rapists get paroled, husbands are ALLOWED to murder their wives, and the lover, and sweet little Johny is allowed to run the streets doing whatever as long as the cops don't come to the house. Moral decay is cure-able just like cancer. KILL THE BAD CELLS. I keep saying explode the heads. Metaphorically meaning if punishment were equal across the board, and justice was always served, there would be no more decay. Say the teacher/nun were to walk into class, and hit every kid except one different child everyday. That is saying you have a one in whatever chance of getting off Scott free. Look at OJ. Or that monster mom that killed her daughter so she could go party with her beautiful friends. Let one fish go, and they breed more fish.
Vivo made one point that is a wrench in my gears tho. I have been thru several BAD hurricanes here, and the last knocked out power for 2 weeks +. I lived on a small "island" in St Augustine, and it was heartwarming to see everyone helping each other. When power was restored not many wanted it. Most of us kept on doing what we were doing. So small groups do work well together. Across the bridge in St augi proper there were trucks from everywhere selling generators for many times their original cost. Selling ICE for 20.00 a 10 lbs bag. These are people that could have  helped but would rather be on my sh** list. So that is where they will remain.
I do try to help everywhere I can but I will be the first in line for ammo when they open season on human cancer.
Comb your hair, wipe your feet, tuck in your shirt, and open the door for a lady. Ask your kids what they want from you. Tell your wife what a blessing she has been to you. If you cant/wont do these things tomorrow... swim out into the ocean, and don't look back.  

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2012, 07:23:07 AM »
Cristoforo Colombo

Slave trader. FACT His shipping manifests still exist.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2012, 07:31:59 AM »
 Across the bridge in St augi proper there were trucks from everywhere selling generators for many times their original cost. Selling ICE for 20.00 a 10 lbs bag. These are people that could have  helped but would rather be on my sh** list. So that is where they will remain.

There were people who remained on my sh** list also during that storm. These were the politicians giving out bottles of water to affected typhoon victims. However, the bottle labels had the politicians' pictures on them indirectly saying "remember me in the next election". Well, people just took the water, drank it, and threw the bottle away.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 07:58:42 AM »
My brother in Houston told a very sad story when typhoon Katrina hit the U.S. A group of volunteers gave out hotdogs to hungry victims (there were lots of them) but were stopped by authorities because they don't have a "permit" WTF! You need a permit to feed a hungry fellowman??? Only in America! You spend millions to do research on how maggots live and multiply, but let fellow Americans on the cold streets to die.  Criminals in prison cells have "rights" but these homeless citizens don't.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 08:46:30 AM »
God bless Vermont........oh......hold on, wait a minute, that wont work at all will it?  :)

Several folk on here have hit it on the head, we need a revolution. Unfortunately people today are too lazy and self-absorbed to care tho. As long as they have their big screen tv, cheap gas and the illusion of being free then many americans will be happy with that and btw the UK is not much better. It shocks me daily how uneducated in current affairs most people are today, that is how these politicians are getting away with it all.

Viva la revolution internationale!
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()