Author Topic: General politics and economy thread  (Read 17636 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Re: General politics and economy thread
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2012, 10:59:29 PM »
Korea war? Vietnam war? (failed) Kuba invasion?
We've spent billions of $'s on aid to 3rd world countries every year, we help out after every major disaster, but I guess those good things are not note worthy. I can't defend all the things my gov does, hell I disagree with many of them but I am not so navie to think they do these things for no reason.

...Russia won WW2 in Europe and freed Europe (and Germany too!) from fascism. The Russians effort exceeds that of all western forces by about 10x. Look at the vast recaptured territory and their immense human effort (and losses). Russia still helps Europe (and Germany!) not to be totally dominated by the US.
(Not that Russian leaders are more decent than US leaders - a single world leader is imho always bad.)

That's why everyone in the EU speaks Russian now, please! Land is one thing, population is another, we saved the asses of everyone that gets to vote today or at least anyone that could cast a vote in after the war.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2012, 11:34:49 PM »
"we saved the asses of everyone that gets to vote today or at least anyone that could cast a vote in after the war."

That's kinda the root of the problem. The Choices you have at election time. Even IF the better man wins... It will be short lived at best. The real "puppeteers" never take no for an answer. Political Power = Policy (PPP)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2012, 11:35:53 PM »
We've spent billions of $'s on aid to 3rd world countries every year, we help out after every major disaster, but I guess those good things are not note worthy. I can't defend all the things my gov does, hell I disagree with many of them but I am not so navie to think they do these things for no reason.

I'm an American. But running off the quote above, I see the US's spending of "aid" to other countries as nothing but propaganda. People outside the U.S. do not realize that us American's are in just as tough economical shape as a lot of the world; but it sends the wrong damn message to your people when you spend billions on "aid" to other countries when you have your own budget problems. When the government makes decisions of aid or policy that affects other countries, they are using foresight. It's not done out of the kindness of their heart. It's done simply to invest in the future movements that they wish to make.

I'm an American, but not a proud American. Our government is s*&t, and an embarrassment to the "free world." Forget founding fathers, the soldiers and civilians that are dying/have died in the "wars" that the US has decided  to start are rolling in their graves. And for what? Oh yeah, to re-route entire people from their cultural norms so that we can collect in the present and future for "freeing" them. Aren't we an amazing example of "good"?

“There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.”
- Howard Zinn

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2012, 11:38:59 PM »
“There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.”
- Howard Zinn

PERFECT!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2012, 01:40:58 AM »

Huh? Why do you think Americans are doing this? for Charity? Remember, there's no such thing as a free lunch. While the Americans are showering us with "aid" and helping out in every major disaster, their "capitalist" friends are busy sucking out other natural resources of the country, mining precious metals and minerals, and other "payment" they could think of. Again, these are behind the scenes and not in the news. The only thing people can see are their so called "good" deeds. An American will steal my 10 pesos, give me back 2 pesos and I will say "Thank you!!! you're such a kind man!!!" This is the American style. It worked since the second world war.   

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2012, 02:12:25 AM »
So Please give from your heart. Your donation my be the difference between Lunch, and a great bottle of hootch.
Give now by sending your unwanted Pesos to
Pancho Vivo
c/o Kymco Phillipines
Haversack, New Jersey 10101

And remember a buzz is a terrible thing to waste!    A word from our sponsors...Iyo Tube

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2012, 02:19:11 AM »
 :D :D :D

LMAO... I think I just woke the house up!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2012, 02:22:11 AM »
My neighbors think i'm Dr. Frankenstein. Maniacal laughing at all hours. I laugh my ass of posting this stuff.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2012, 02:46:00 AM »
I can hear the whole world laughing after Zombie posted.  :D :D :D :D :D

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2012, 03:55:53 AM »

Huh? Why do you think Americans are doing this? for Charity? Remember, there's no such thing as a free lunch. While the Americans are showering us with "aid" and helping out in every major disaster, their "capitalist" friends are busy sucking out other natural resources of the country, mining precious metals and minerals, and other "payment" they could think of. Again, these are behind the scenes and not in the news. The only thing people can see are their so called "good" deeds. An American will steal my 10 pesos, give me back 2 pesos and I will say "Thank you!!! you're such a kind man!!!" This is the American style. It worked since the second world war.   

If the motives of the US are so obvious to you, and ur (no offense) a regular guy/girl I'd imagine the smartest people of ur country can see this as well, yet they take the "hand out". Why not say thanks but no thanks? Only whores or despardos take hand outs, if ur country was desparate shame on them for being in such a bind and letting themselves be taken advantage of.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2012, 05:32:23 AM »
If the motives of the US are so obvious to you, and ur (no offense) a regular guy/girl I'd imagine the smartest people of ur country can see this as well, yet they take the "hand out". Why not say thanks but no thanks? Only whores or despardos take hand outs, if ur country was desparate shame on them for being in such a bind and letting themselves be taken advantage of.

The smartest of our people then was President Ferdinand E. Marcos. Our dictator who ruled for more than 20 years and later decided to declare Martial Law. HE WAS AN AMERICAN PUPPET! and he controlled everything! all big businesses, media, I mean everything!  Our people cannot do anything. If you're against him, you will end up a political prisoner or be shot. Not even a foreign country would dare fight Marcos because its just being against America. Nobody can remove him from office except the Americans, which did happen when our people decided "no more!" and marched to the streets in 1996. After he was removed by the Americans, our next President worked on removing the U.S. bases here.  Marcos' wife, Imelda, stole jewelry, money, and anything she wanted. She can even walk in any bank and ask for a suitcase of money and nobody can question her. Are you familiar of Imelda's 3,000 pairs of shoes? Those 20+ years were the greatest time of the Americans in our country. 

There were even famous intelligent Americans who were opposed to the American imperialism. The 1898 Treaty of Paris which ended the Spanish-American War essentially allowed for the annexation of the Philippines by the United States. A Filipino independence movement begun earlier in the decade to free the islands from Spanish rule now was directed against the new foreign ruler, America. While many, if not most, Americans favored annexation, there were notable opponents, including William Jennings Bryan, Andrew Carnegie, John Dewey, William James – and Mark Twain. They, along with many others, formed the Anti-Imperialist League, which briefly served as the organizational center for opposition to the developing American Empire.

Twain told the New York Herald on October 15, 1900: “I have read carefully the Treaty of Paris, and I have seen that we do not intend to free, but to subjugate the people of the Philippines. We have gone there to conquer, not to redeem. It should, it seems to me, be our pleasure and duty to make those people free, and let them deal with their own domestic questions in their own way. And so I am an anti-imperialist. I am opposed to having the eagle put its talons on any other land.”
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:26:02 AM by Vivo »

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »
Zombie once again you have shown from your boobtube vids that you should be ruler of the land. i was in tears after that vid.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2012, 07:40:01 AM »
When the US gives "aid" it is ONLY to help itself out. The US would not enter WW2 and help the Britain when it asked until they were given land in return to build bases on in England, fact. Bases btw which they still occupy today. When aid is given it is normally G.M grain, which no one wants outwith the US anyway, or the "aid" can be in the form of the US paying its own companies to send goods/services, which again helps American companies. Its all part of the propaganda machine, much like the Taliban do, they promote the "good" they do to try improve their terrible rep abroad and gain a foothold into a foreign land to exploit later.

Im not US bashing here as the government in London is no better really, the only difference is that London just do it on a smaller scale.

If they want to give help or aid thats great but they should not expect anything in return, if they do its not aid, its business.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:41:45 AM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »
Im not US bashing here as the government in London is no better really, the only difference is that London just do it on a smaller scale.

Neither am I bashing the U.S.  I'm just reiterating the facts of history. 

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2012, 09:20:36 AM »
Given that England, France, spain, Holland, portugal, and other Europeans where raping and pillaging foreign lands centuries before tbe US was even founded, and the fact that most modern US citizens will be of European descent, i guess we can say that it was inevitable that athe US would continue where Europe left off.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()