Author Topic: Bike to Bike radio communications  (Read 1121 times)

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
Bike to Bike radio communications
« on: March 27, 2009, 01:17:51 PM »
A group of us ride together frequently and want to be able to talk.  That's talk without spending an arm and a leg for fancy communications systems.  We decided on GMRS/FRS type radios which look like they will work pretty well.  Then comes the headset part.  Has anyone had any luck with the throat mic headsets?  If so what brand seems to work the best?  This seems to be the way to go to eliminate the wind noise in the mic.  However I have heard they are very sensitive to placement on the neck.  Any thoughts out there?
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
Re: Bike to Bike radio communications
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:52:24 AM »
Update on the headsets.  Found out the throat mic was not the problem.  I have the set with the tubing ear piece.  Cool looking like the dudes in the spy movies.  They work fine until you put on a helmet and it presses on the tubing then the sound is really muffled.  Oh, well won't be the first thing I wasted my money on stuff for the scoot.  Probably not the last.  Were gonna stick with our Air Rider headsets in the helmets and use their radio adapter to connect.  This does work very load and clear.  What the heck another 150 bucks...  but my wife and I can ride our scooters and talk easily and clearly.   Guess I can try to sell the throat mic sets on ebay to the paint ball guys.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()