Author Topic: Looking at buying new Kymco Agility 50. De-restriction procedure Confused Help  (Read 8405 times)

usnapop

• View Profile
Need info for de-restricting a 2012 Agility 50. We own Kymco 2003 ZX-50 that I de-restricted using smooth boss on variator shaft & CDI wiring mod.. Crankshaft broke on that one so we are looking for a new one. I've read info on Agilty board and it seems like the CDI per the discussions is not restricted, but I've seen other information on the Internet where you use hacksaw on CDI. Man I'm confused about that! When I de-restrcited ZX-50 I had to cut some wires and jumper them on CDI. Any info would be greatly appreciated as well as What folks think of Agility 50. Also wondering if de-restricting voids warranty.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
basically its the same procedure, the new Agilitys do have a restriction on the CDI and the Variator. i personally didnt take a hacksaw to the CDI i just brought a new one because it was reletivly inexspensive, as for the Variator you could keep it stock and replace the boss for a smooth one. thats basically all you need to do.
heres what i have done so far.. i have a 2011 Agility:-

Race CDI
Race Variator (cant remember the weights i used)
1500rpm torque spring (came with the variator)
Conti Twist sport tyres

As for the Kymco Agility there a nice scoot, i have pleanty of fun on mine.  They arent too bad on acceleration once you derestrict them and they are great on the corners once you get sum new tyres on them. just keep a check on valve clearence and your oil level.

happy scooting and ride safe
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

kwflfire

• View Profile
basically its the same procedure, the new Agilitys do have a restriction on the CDI and the Variator. i personally didnt take a hacksaw to the CDI i just brought a new one because it was reletivly inexspensive, as for the Variator you could keep it stock and replace the boss for a smooth one. thats basically all you need to do.
heres what i have done so far.. i have a 2011 Agility:-

Race CDI
Race Variator (cant remember the weights i used)
1500rpm torque spring (came with the variator)
Conti Twist sport tyres

As for the Kymco Agility there a nice scoot, i have pleanty of fun on mine.  They arent too bad on acceleration once you derestrict them and they are great on the corners once you get sum new tyres on them. just keep a check on valve clearence and your oil level.

happy scooting and ride safe

I have a 2012 Agility 50 and found that the boss is smooth, not restricted, but there is a washer under the nut that I took off and it gave me better take off and about 2-3 mph faster.  I am also confused about the CDI, have read that they ARE and AREN'T restricted.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
I emailed Kymco UK about this a short while ago, here's what they said,
 " The situation with the Agility 50 cdi has not changed since their introduction, the cdi has a rev limiter fitted on all models leaving the assembly plant."
So there you go, they are restricted in all a50's from the factory.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Japennell

• View Profile
I'm looking at buying a 2012 Agility 50.  What is the top speed for a restricted showroom scooter?  And does derestricting in itself effect gas mileage as long as driving habits don't change?

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
I'm looking at buying a 2012 Agility 50.  What is the top speed for a restricted showroom scooter?  And does derestricting in itself effect gas mileage as long as driving habits don't change?

a restricted Ag will do 30 maximum. you need to change the cdi, variator & boss. the mpg wont change. you should still get 100 mpg there or there abouts

Exe

• View Profile
My 2012 Agility with just a smooth boss did 43, so I don't believe the CDI is restricted.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
My 2012 Agility with just a smooth boss did 43, so I don't believe the CDI is restricted.

mine was a 2011 model and the cdi was restricted on that. they would intentionally be damaging there engines if they put unrestricted cdi's in but restricted the variator, the engine would be revvin its nuts off but only doing 30 mph *Engine goes POP*

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()