Author Topic: tire pressure  (Read 6968 times)

gazza1989

• View Profile
tire pressure
« on: April 12, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »
im sure iv read it in the online manual but i scanned it today and couldnt find it :S i was sure i seen a page which said pressure from front and then ano for pressure at the back!

link to manual http://zmanual.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/kymco-draivers-manual-agility-50-kg-10.html

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: tire pressure
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 12:39:13 AM »
Cant just remember off hand but it tells you in the small Kymco owners manual book you got when you bought the scoot.

If i remember its about 23psi from and 25psi back in the book, i normally just do both tyres to 25psi.

If you dont have the owners manual then download the Workshop manual from this forum, its on here somewhere, i think i maybe even put one up a while ago. The workshop/service manual is good so even if you have the owners book its still worth downloading the workshop service manual.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 01:10:43 AM »
If i remember its about 23psi from and 25psi back in the book, i normally just do both tyres to 25psi.

...that should be between 35-40 psi.....

..i'm 230lbs...generally run 40-42...

..Avon Viper Strykes...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »
thats a big difference is it around 25psi or 35psi?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »
I stick with 30 to 35 psi gives a little more speed also.

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »
manual says
1.5 kg/cm2 at front
2kg/cm2 at back

i found a converion guide on google http://www.microsolvtech.com/calculators_pres.asp#pres

it says says
1.5kg/cm2 = 21.3 psi
2kg/cm2 = 28.4 psi

so is this correct? and if so wouldnt putting over 50% extra into front tyre be dangerous and 25% extra into back

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 09:45:59 PM »
manual says
1.5 kg/cm2 at front
2kg/cm2 at back

i found a converion guide on google http://www.microsolvtech.com/calculators_pres.asp#pres

it says says
1.5kg/cm2 = 21.3 psi
2kg/cm2 = 28.4 psi

so is this correct? and if so wouldnt putting over 50% extra into front tyre be dangerous and 25% extra into back

I thought i had lost it and was just about to say i coud be wrong when i saw the post you put Gaza. I was pretty sure i did 25psi , thought the mANUAL SAID SOMETHING AROUND THERE.

i DID GET NEW TYRES LAST YEAR AND REMEMBER THE GUY THERE HAD INFLATED THEM TO 32PSI THOUGH ??? i JUST DEFLATED SOME OF THE AIR OUT, MIGHT GO UPPTO 30PSI NOW AND SEE HOW that feels tho.

:-[ Sorry 'bout the caps there, didnt realise, but im not re-typing it so there  :P
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 12:01:23 AM »
the kind of tire and how wide they are might matter on how much air to put in theam.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 03:15:48 AM »
This post will bring out the Flat Earthers... The TIRE has the inflation marked on the sidewall. The SCOOT has Nothing to do with inflation. The Manual states pressures for OEM tires. NOT after market. Avons run at 40psi, Chen Shins run at 25, Pirellis run at 38 ect. You have to adjust the pressures to what fits your style too. I have the same tire on both wheels, and run the front at 32, and the rear at 36. The front bites better, and the rear stays in contact better. 38 for both felt like solid rubber.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 12:16:38 PM »
I better go pump up my Bridgestones then. Might even gain a little speed since im prob about 10psi under since i fitted them.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »
MPH, And MPG will improve. Tires are one of the biggest fuel thieves. If you really can't feel the difference in pressures just go with the tires label and Maintain that pressure.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 12:45:31 AM »
...i run 35 on my front...40 in the rear...

..do go by the tire sidewaLL SPECS...THEN, IF YOU A BIG BOY LIKE ME, ADD 3-5 PSI...

...blue, lower tire pressures create lower speeds, relatively...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 12:49:57 AM »
lower tire pressures create lower speeds, relatively...

Well maybe thats where my lost 2-3mph' top end's been hiding then, im going to get pumping tomorrow  ;D 

50mph club here i come  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 01:00:11 PM »
when its cold outside and you need more rubber on the road go with less air and drive slow and easy.
more air for the days that stay worm. 5 to 10 psi over wont hurt. takes a lot more then that to say ..............whops to much bang.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
I just went to the garage to pump mine up and saw on the sidewall it says max psi when cold is 25psi. Theyre Brigestone Mola's, pumped them up to 28psi anyway and i'll give that a go over the next couple of days and see how it feels to ride on.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()