Author Topic: Where did everyone go?  (Read 2906 times)

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
Where did everyone go?
« on: March 28, 2009, 04:08:14 PM »
It's been almost 3 days without an new post.  I hope the weather so good that everyone is out riding?  Not so lucky here,  :( it's pouring down rain and bigger thunderstorms are headed our way.  I am hoping for a small break for a short ride.  I really do hate riding in the rain. Only thing worse than wet is wet and cold. Maybe better on Sunday, the rain is supposed to stop tonight and a cold front move in.  Be a bit chilly, but at lease dry enough to ride.  At least I got to ride to work this week for 4 days.  :)

And yeah, I do have good rain gear, waterproof boots and all that.  I just don't like riding in the rain.  Wet roads, poor visibility and the scoots nice and clean. I guess I'm a wuss when it comes to that, too old to fall off the thing and too lazy to clean it up after rinding in the rain.  I rambling again, somebody else talk for awhile.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

shows

• View Profile
Re: Where did everyone go?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:57:16 AM »
I guess the weather is breaking, at least here in the northeast. The temps are in the 50's and 60's and today was a good riding day that I took advantage of for about five hours.

I don't know where you're located Wingman but you're welcome to come to Pittsburgh for good riding weather (but not tomorrow, rain).

BTW apparently you have experience riding a 2009 500ri. My question is the same as several others on this forum. Did Kymco really lower the seat height on the '09 and if so by how much? My Internet search shows no change in seat height from 2007, 2008 or 2009 unless somebody forgot to issue the mfg. change and all sites - at least the ones I've visited - are using outdated information.

Somebody told me that seat height isn't a concern in Asia as riders step off (forward) when they come to a stop and come to think of it, I seem to remember seeing that when I was in Korea several years ago.

Observations/comments are welcome.

Rozz

• Picture taken on Mount Smokey, Cape Breton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 03:28:17 AM »
I've been out test riding my 2008 Kymco 500ri.
Rozz
2008 Xciting 500ri (Hers)
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900cc (His)

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:17:21 PM »
I got a short ride in Saturday, we had a couple of hours of Sun between the morning rain and the late afternoon rain.  Today has been cloudy cold and very windy.

I'm in Louisville and really hoping it does warm and dry up a bit.  I have this new Kymco I want to put some miles on.  Don't know if the seat is lower than previous years or not.  Couldn't prove it by me since I don't know anyone around here with another Kymco 500 yet.  I think I bought the first one our local dealer sold.  I was waiting when they came in and was in the back when they pulled the boxes off.  They just started carrying Kymco and these were the first 500's.  So far I like the seat. 

Roz, I see you have picked your's up and are out riding.  Tell us about it? 
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

Tumbleweed

• View Profile
Re: Where did everyone go?.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 01:46:13 AM »
Went riding today. Short trip from San Antonio to Fredricksburg TX. A little windy but, I think the temp. got up to around 80. Saw tons of bikes on the road. This is part of the Texas hill country, a great place to ride. I ride with the Texas Road Rats, there were nine of us today.  Hope the weather warms up where you are. Life is short, ride when you can.

Rozz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »
Hi Winginman!
No, I haven't picked mine up yet.  On Saturday I got to go for a test run.  Found it easy to ride although a completely different riding posture than my BV250.  Ran onto a dirt road and couldn't turn it around, either too heavy or I was too insecure.  Husband Ralph to the rescue.  Ralph rode the bike for his approval rating.  Of course he is a motorcycle snob so he said he didn't like it and then let slip he took it up to 160 k/h and he found it to be very stable. 
He thinks it's just fine for me.  So I signed the offer to purchase and I'm still waiting for the delivery.  Topcase had to be ordered etc etc - hoping to have it this weekend.
Cold and rainy here, this week.  Sunny today but maybe not tomorrow.  Typical Ontario spring weather and there are still tons of bikes out.
Lucky thing happened with all this delay, managed to sell my BV250 on Kijiji for 3000.00 which was much better than the offered trade.  I can't believe how long this is taking.  My last two bikes were purchased in a day, feels like I've been shopping for this one for months.
Rozz

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 01:41:49 AM »
My baby got her first road bath today.   It was chilly this morning and I thought I would be out of the office before any rain.  Not so... :(  Got to ride home in the cold rain.  Found the Givi tall windshield works well in the rain and my Shad top box does not leak.  I hate traffic when it rains.  Doing ok till I have to stop for traffic.  Rozz, I was the same way about my bike till I started taking my wife's scooter on errands, just too easy to to step through, twist and go.  Then last year I put more miles on the scooter than the bike and she told me to get my own...  I did, and I love it.  ;D

573 miles -- time to get it in for 1st service.  Hope I can get it done so I can ride this weekend.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »
I have a Shad top case too - no leakee raindrops . . . good. Even here in central Texas the beautiful windy hilly roads sometimes get rained on, even cold. I know, I know, it's supposed to be warm in Texas. And it usually is.

But the other day, I had to get to Austin. A cold front left Canada and was still cold by the time it reached my little neck of the woods. North wind blowing so hard, I had to lean sideways to go straight. Still that Xciting 500 kept on trucking; I made my gig on time, and got to say, it is one stable machine. Even when your hands are so cold you can barely hold on, it keeps on a'stroking.

We had a couple of ideal spring days; jacket in the morning and t-shirt in the afternoon. Now a cold front blew in last night, and we're only up to the 70's today. And there's clouds, lots of them. boo hoo, boo hoo.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

Rozz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 04:36:28 AM »
Hi Winginman,
Well the BV250 finally left home for good this evening.  My new bike may be ready Saturday.  We've got rain today and over the weekend.  Weather permitting I may finally be experiencing that new ride. 
I wish I lived in Texas.
Rozz

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »
Me too, it's raining and cold here too.  Crossing my fingers that Saturday is nice so I can get out.  Tried to get in a ride yesterday before storms hit and weather channel got it wrong.  I didn't get two miles before I got wet again. :(  I've now reached my 600 miles and have an appointment to get the service done.  It will probably have another couple of hundred on it before I can get in there, even if I have to ride in the rain... ::)
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 02:39:19 AM »
Hey there you folks up north, quit sending this cold wind down here to Texas. Friday I was in a t-shirt, wishing I was wearing shorts & sandals. Today, north wind gusting to 45mph, and blowing steady 20 - 30. At least no rain. Now I can appreciate what you folks up north deal with on a continual basis.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

Rozz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 03:21:37 AM »
At last, I am a bona fide Kymco 500ri owner (2008).  My bike was delivered yesterday by my friendly dealer.  The weather was truly frigid.  Got out for my first run today for about an hour.  A very nice ride, I am managing just fine. 
Now it's back under the tarp (the bike not me) while we await another week for frigid rain--sorry Texas--next weekend may be a little better.
Rozz

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()