Author Topic: Can you adjust the throttle cable?  (Read 2050 times)

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
Can you adjust the throttle cable?
« on: April 13, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »
Hello,
 I'm seeing if anyone knows if I would be able to adjust the throttle cable on my wife's Agility 125. It has what I consider to be too much play before it engages and you take off. If you're not aware of this, it can leave a little bit of a head snap  ;D.
 And because my wife is new to scooting, I'd like things to be as smooth as possible. Of course, I could take it to the dealership, but I have zero confidence that they would fix it or take me seriously because it's "just a scooter."

Thanks for your help.

PBAS

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Can you adjust the throttle cable?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 03:20:07 AM »
There is an adjuster where the cable ends at the carb. Two 9mm(i think) nuts hold the cable secure, and they are the adjustment. Be sure to leave 1/8th" free play so the idle doesn't "jump". Most scoots you only have to remove the seat well.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:51:19 PM »
There is an adjuster where the cable ends at the carb. Two 9mm(i think) nuts hold the cable secure, and they are the adjustment. Be sure to leave 1/8th" free play so the idle doesn't "jump". Most scoots you only have to remove the seat well.
Thank you a Zombie!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

AgilityOnAnRV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »

I'm not 100% clear on what this thread is about. Are you talking about adjusting the free play before the throttle hits any resistance? If so, I'm in! Mine is probably ~ 1/2" and I've been meaning to tighten it up.

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 10:04:52 PM »
I'm not 100% clear on what this thread is about. Are you talking about adjusting the free play before the throttle hits any resistance? If so, I'm in! Mine is probably ~ 1/2" and I've been meaning to tighten it up.

That's exactly what I'm talking about  :)
I haven't had a chance to mess around with it due to work taking up every waking moment. My wife said she thought she noticed in my manual (sadly, I never checked before) a section on adjusting the throttle play. Seems as though Zombie is right one, like normal  ;)
I'm hoping to do some work on both of my scooters this weekend (sliders/oil&filter/transmission fluid swap) and will tackle the throttle play as well. I'll post any success stories . If you get to it sooner, let me know!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 01:14:52 AM »
They are 12mm nuts. Just swapped carbs today.
I wish I could schedule scoot work. Mine is always spontaneous. Fix me or walk Be-atch.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()