Author Topic: tail bag  (Read 1171 times)

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
tail bag
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:36:15 AM »
I added a tail bag to my ride. It is strapped on the back seat, but I have ordered a flat mounting plate (Kymco part) to mount the bag to. The bag is nicely constructed of a durable kevlar like material with leather accents. it will not fit my modular helmet so I am stuck with using the helmet hooks on the bike.

Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: tail bag
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 04:44:08 AM »
Beautiful pictures of your beautiful bike as usual, ChandlerS.  I like the mounting on the back seat.   Since I never carry a passenger, if I were to get something I think I'd mount just like you've got it.  I assume the seat still opens with the bag in place?

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:03:33 PM »
Yes it will open as long as u hook the straps under the seat & not under or aroung the grab handles. U do have to pop the seat & pull up on the back of the seat as it will not lift it's self up with the bag weight on it. I have done this often on cross country trips. :-*

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »
Thanks Hoo, as Sissy said, it is strapped to the underside of the seat so it does not interfere with the operation of lifting the seat base. I too ride alone most of the time, however to pull the bag off when my wife wants to ride would prove to be a pain in the arse. So with that said, we are looking for a low seat height scoot for the Mrs. The best candidate I could come up with would be a Yamaha Morphous. Those are hard to find as my search has been proving...
Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »
Chandler, have your wife set on a Yamaha Majesty. It set's much lowwer & the handle bars seem closer to boot. Are you sure u want her riding in Phoenix traffic? It's a mad house I tell you, a mad house! Sorry, I lost it there for a moment. :-[

superseagulls

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »
Have you got  link or price for the bag and maybe the plate? Looks like a nice set up, and i'm doing a long trip next month, so would like something like that so I don't have to wear a very stuffed backpack for the entire journey!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()