Author Topic: I have just dropped my Agility *uc*!!!  (Read 3891 times)

micoman

• View Profile
I have just dropped my Agility *uc*!!!
« on: April 16, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
I cleaned and polished my Kymco so much that it slipped out my hands (and thighs) and damaged it!! >:(

I have had the scooter for over 2 years and it was in mint condition and then just as I'm selling it to upgrade to a 125cc, I do this?

To say I'm gutted is an understatement :'(

Can anyone help with the best way to repair it.

1. - I need a new brake leaver, so wheres the best price?

2. - Do I try sanding the plastic near the footrest or leave it?

3. - Where do I get a touch up paint to match my Kymco?

Any help appreciated as I need to get the best price for my Kymco if I am going to get a 125cc

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:30:02 PM by micoman »

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
Re: I have just dropped my Agility *uc*!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:51:35 PM »
Thats just bruices my friend, it will be fine. :)
The truth, that noone want to hear is that noone thinks of a scooter as as polished and spotless as they would expect a harley to be. Just as people dont expect a toyota corolla to be as spotless as a lomboghini. :D
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 12:21:17 AM »
I have my brake lever like that also I like it my fingers wont slip off. for touch up paine just get some touch up from any auto store.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 12:55:51 AM »
You can go to any auto paint supplier to have them match up the color exactly. Trouble is you will have to buy a quart. Ebay has cheap levers, and the sole can be sanded as the color is cast into the panel.
You may want to shrink wrap it leaving the tires bare for test rides.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 06:37:51 PM »
I slipped on mud last winter and bent my lever like yours is, all i did was use a large adjustable spanner to bend it back. If you do it slowly and the metal isnt cold it may be ok, mine was anyway. Just bent out a little bit at a time,dont try do it in one or it will snap.

Take it the black panel got scraped at the side at the rear footrest? Did that too  :D

1st time i came off at 20+mph on a bend and smashed it to bits so i got a new old belly pan. About 2-3 months after i fitted it i came off again and scratched it a bit in the exact same place, its a vulnerable spot to get damaged if the scooter goes over. I was annoyed and pussed off, was going to look for another belly pan but after a day or 2 i forgot all about it and i still have left it alone now. Its not cracked, only s ratched, so its fine, most people wont even notice it.

As for the paint.....

Unless you paint the whole panel it will look sh**, poss worse than the scratch you have now. To do it right you need to take off the panels sand them down and repaint them, primer, top-coat, then laquer.

Why not just put a cool sticker over it till you sell it? If you put the one on each side the buyer wll just assume you like stickers and think "soon as i buy this the 1st thing im going to do is take off those my little pony stickers when i get it home".
Chaos is my co-pilot.

micoman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »
Thanks for all the tips, I will try and bend the brake lever back at the weekend and if it brakes, get a new one.

Stickers? Had not thought of that? May be tricky as its on a crease?

Thanks for the replys ;)

Anyone know where I could get a cheap brake lever in the UK if I need one?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »
Theres a bike breakers in Liverpool i used a couple of times who were reasonable, only cost me £12 for a belly pan panel delivered to Glasgow and £8/£9 for a volt regulator for my agility. Will be 2nd hand but at least then it will blend with the rest of it.

Give them a call tomorrow maybe and ask, im sure they prob got a brake lever in going cheap.  Or just look on ebay, sure thered a 2nd hand one on there cheap enough?

Heres the details for that breakers if you want it anyway, theyre on ebay too.

Hills - 01695 551 974.

Hopefully thats still the number, i used them about 5-6 months ago.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

micoman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:34:27 PM »
Theres a bike breakers in Liverpool i used a couple of times who were reasonable, only cost me £12 for a belly pan panel delivered to Glasgow and £8/£9 for a volt regulator for my agility. Will be 2nd hand but at least then it will blend with the rest of it.

Give them a call tomorrow maybe and ask, im sure they prob got a brake lever in going cheap.  Or just look on ebay, sure thered a 2nd hand one on there cheap enough?

Heres the details for that breakers if you want it anyway, theyre on ebay too.

Hills - 01695 551 974.

Hopefully thats still the number, i used them about 5-6 months ago.

Thanks, will consider them if I need a brake lever after I have tried to bend mine back at the weekend ;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 09:36:27 PM »
...those first divits are always the most painful....

:-\
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 09:25:27 AM »
Thanks, will consider them if I need a brake lever after I have tried to bend mine back at the weekend ;)

You cant really bend back a metal to its original shape. You can bend it back so it ends up looking straight from a distance, but it will then just have 2 little bends going opposite directions.
The only way to truely bend metal is to heat it so much up, that you loosen the atomic structure, as it is in this structure that you'll find the reason why you cant bend it back ;)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 10:02:59 AM »
You cant really bend back a metal to its original shape. You can bend it back so it ends up looking straight from a distance, but it will then just have 2 little bends going opposite directions.
The only way to truely bend metal is to heat it so much up, that you loosen the atomic structure, as it is in this structure that you'll find the reason why you cant bend it back ;)

True. Tho it will look better than the end being at a right angle to the rest. I have a little kind of kink in mine now where the bend was but it does look fine and you wouldnt really notice it. You can see it is a little off-set if you look along the length of it tho but it is better than being bend and sticking out.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 12:32:16 AM »
I would cut them both off, and make "shorties".
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 09:38:17 AM »
Just as people dont expect a toyota corolla to be as spotless as a lomboghini. :D

Hey i had a corolla as my first car and it was AWESOME!!!!
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »
Hey i had a corolla as my first car and it was AWESOME!!!!

my sons frist car was a small corolla I rember that car the body of it was all sun burned up so he took like 8 cans of rattle can to it. he drove that car for ever could not kill it.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 04:02:55 PM »
my sons frist car was a small corolla I rember that car the body of it was all sun burned up so he took like 8 cans of rattle can to it. he drove that car for ever could not kill it.

Mine was a 1989 3 door hatchback Corolla GL 1.3 12v   fettled with it alot and ended up creating a monster of a engine and it went like a rocket. bigger engined cars couldnt keep up  ;D   i did strip the interior aswell, even got rid of the spare wheel, the only things left were the front seats.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:04:44 PM by whiteknight »
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()