Author Topic: Bell question  (Read 930 times)

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
Bell question
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:53:51 PM »
 ;D

Can someone please explain the "bell" I see on just about every bike/scooter I see......
 Is there a level of experience one needs as a rider to "earn" one?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Bell question
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:20:36 AM »
It's an inside joke. They're all laughing at you...
I would think it's some regional thing. Like a deer whistle for Lemurs or something.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Buck40

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:06:12 AM »
A bell is supposed to be mounted low on the motorcycle/scooter to drive the road gremlins crazy so they don't infest your bike.  I always thought it was more of a Harley supersticion because most of the two wheelers I see broken down on the roadside are Harleys.  Ha!
Grand Vista 250

sic transit gloria

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 09:37:29 AM »
In Japan, people hang train hangrings on their car's tow hooks for that "rebel" look. I can't get the point on these. Maybe, for them its cool to steal these hangrings from the train and display them as trophies. I don't know...

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?24474-bosozoku-subway-hang-rings...increase-your-JDM-multiplier

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 06:18:55 PM »
In Japan, people hang train hangrings on their car's tow hooks for that "rebel" look. I can't get the point on these. Maybe, for them its cool to steal these hangrings from the train and display them as trophies. I don't know...

Yeah, and what's the deal with these guys that have a scrotal sac complete with testicles dangling from the back end of their pick-up?! :o Z-man, I believe a set of these bouncing off the rear wheel of your 50 cc would do wonders for your tough-guy image! ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 12:25:21 AM »
Mine are real... And yeah they do drag on the tire. gets real smokey on long wot runs.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()