Author Topic: Mirror Extension for people s-200  (Read 2626 times)

skidad

• View Profile
Mirror Extension for people s-200
« on: April 01, 2009, 01:31:36 AM »
Hi All,
Need to pick all of your Brains about extending the mirrors on my s-200. it seems that there are not many choices out there.I put convex mirrors on the upper right and upper left on my s-200 last year they help,but do not supply the field of viewing I would really like.Any idea's would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone Is well. It Is raining and sleeting here tonight, went for a ride on Sunday when i got back from Seattle. Lots of scoots out there,saw a couple of Kymco's out there.

Have Nothing Short Of A Terrific Day On Weds !!!

" Ski-Dad"

abobotek

• View Profile
Re: Mirror Extension for people s-200
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:53:17 AM »
Mirrors with longer shafts are available.  Ebay is one source. 
Red 2007 People S 200
Black 2008 Yamaha Majesty

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 09:17:37 PM »
Longer mirror shafts is exactly what I am looking for...for my 2 200 2009. I looked all over the place with no luck for this 10mm connector mirrors. I am starting to thing of possibly looking into having a couple extension shafts made up by a machinist. I like the original mirrors but my problem is they do not clear my shoulders for safe viewing. Going to Ebay does not answer the original question...I searched there and found nothing. The dealership couldn't help so as above...have some extension shafts made by a good machinist. May have to take the mirrorsw off for a day or 2 for him but.....where else to find...forget it.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 11:03:39 PM »
I bought a pair or bar end mirrors from bike bandit. I love them! Full view like You've never seen before. Stay away from the cheap ones on ebey as they are real garbage.   http://www.bikebandit.com/search-products?q=bar+end+mirrors&ch=0&sc=0
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 02:08:57 AM »
I am trying to get my p250 mirrors out wider (and lower).  I heard the Emgo Lil'Cruiser mirrors work well but they have a 10mm shaft and the bike is 8mm.  I did find out today the Emgo makes 10mm shaft to 8mm  hole adapter that sells for about $2.50 USD. I have one mirror but no adapter.  I will post my results.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 04:02:02 AM »
almost every place that sells mirrors has the adapters.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()