Author Topic: zx50 super fever problem?  (Read 2475 times)

kymcopolska

• View Profile
zx50 super fever problem?
« on: April 20, 2012, 09:05:38 PM »
i've been having this problem. everytime, i go out for a ride, i ride around for about 30mins and take a break at a scenic spot. then on my way home, it loses power and comes to a complete stop and cant restart it, not letting me start it again but if i ride around and dont turn off the scoot for a break and go straight home, it works fine....i changed the sparkplug twice and its still doing the same, sparkplug is dry when i take it to check it...so it has to be something electrical, either CDI or stator but i thinks its the cdi.  cant be ignition coil because its receiving spark...can one of you guys help me out?   its riding season and i wanna start riding it without worry!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: zx50 super fever problem?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 01:09:43 AM »
I would just get the stator, and cdi together. 100.00 bucks, and forget about why. They ALL do the same as you describe.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

02 zx 50 s.f.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »
It's probley the cdi mine was doing that too then it just blew.

kymcopolska

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 12:26:17 AM »
where did you buy your CDI?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 02:35:30 AM »
You can get them all over ebay for dirt cheap, or Stadium Yamaha OEM about 60 bucks, or Suitai will program one for you at about 60.00 shipped. Make sure it is for the ZX cause other models have different pistons, and pins so different timing.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 05:23:42 AM »
Here is the cdi I'm currently running and have been very happy with, also much less expensive.  Got the tip from Sid originally.  He wrote a thread on it here: http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=2810.0  The correct wiring is on page 5 of the thread.  Sid didn't, but I un-pinned the oem and new Dio cdi connectors and swapped them so it all hooks up nice and clean.  ;)

kymcopolska

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 12:08:28 AM »
found a dio cdi for 13 bucks on ebay, wicked cheap...i wonder why a ZX50 cdi is 20$ and the dio one is the exact same but cheaper?

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 01:07:42 AM »
or Suitai will program one for you at about 60.00 shipped.

I have this one too...

Here is the cdi I'm currently running and have been very happy with, also much less expensive.  Got the tip from Sid originally.  He wrote a thread on it here: http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=2810.0  The correct wiring is on page 5 of the thread.  Sid didn't, but I un-pinned the oem and new Dio cdi connectors and swapped them so it all hooks up nice and clean.  ;)
[/b]

I remember that.. It was a good set-up....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 01:22:26 AM »
found a dio cdi for 13 bucks on ebay, wicked cheap...i wonder why a ZX50 cdi is 20$ and the dio one is the exact same but cheaper?
The Dio cdi MAY be for an older 10mm wrist pin engine. That is the "trap" I warned of. There are also Several different Dio engines. The listing HAS to say ZX or it may not work correctly. That is unless there is one that another member found.

kymcopolska

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:37:16 AM »
Yeah, it says ZX50 on the listing, so I buy it today and let you guys know if it solved my problem.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 01:41:07 AM »
I just put a new carb/cdi/stator/Ign coil/spark plug into my gy6. A burnt valve was the problem.

kymcopolska

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 10:28:45 PM »
got the CDI..Put it on..went to get some gas as i usually do, started up...and i made it home...i guess it was the cdi...also, on my old cdi, it wouldnt start on the electic starter but only the kick, now it works on both...anyways. now im happy and thanks for all your helps guys!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »
It's cool to be you today! When they don't start on the electric it is generally because the stator or cdi are going bad.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()