Author Topic: Largest scooter in world, new.  (Read 1284 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
Largest scooter in world, new.
« on: April 22, 2012, 12:09:21 PM »
Piagio has introduced the SRV 850 maxi scooter. It uses the same v-twin engine as their Mana. It has about 75 HP and will do 124 MPH! It is much smoother than the new BMW 600 & 650's, has a large gas tank, but little under seat storage do to the large tank and v-twin design. Also, they said their Gilera GP 800 never sold well, and is just about dead! I think larger scooters such as this are the wave of the future as the population grey's, as these scoot's are much more easy to ride, weigh less, get better MPG, have auto trans and so on. Of course we will never see it in America, or at least not for many years? I don't under stand this as America is where people would need and use these large scoots with our vast open areas. Oh well. :-*

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Largest scooter in world, new.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »
The GP800 sales here (Croatia and around..) were always low, since day one.

Nothing sells like the T-max here (among the maxi-crowd).
Even all the burgmans, sw's and majesty 400s combined.. it's still a lower number then the
T-max, every single year.

I have no idea why.
 ???

I know it's a great scoot, but come on..

I'd get a gp800/srv850 and even save some money compared to the T-max, even if it does
handle a bit worse, has no hydraulic clutch etc..
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Largest scooter in world, new.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
I wonder how long it will be before someone makes a 1,000 cc scooter? I can see it comming some day as the baby boomers are getting older, and a 1200 lbs Goldwing is just to heavy. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, just look at trike sales! :-*

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()