Author Topic: New owner of a 2009 Xciting 250  (Read 2810 times)

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
New owner of a 2009 Xciting 250
« on: April 22, 2012, 10:15:41 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2009 Xcitiing 250 and am having the time of my life.  I rode it home yesterday - 4/21 and was surprised at the stable ride.  It was an hour ride home and then after a short break to read the owner's manual, I went out for another hour.  Unfortunately, we are having downpours today and tomorrow here in the Northeast.  I can't wait to get on my scooter again.
Anyway, thanks for listening and I plan to be a frequent visitor to this forum.

Cheers, everyone.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

desliderman

• View Profile
Re: New owner of a 2009 Xciting 250
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:24:06 AM »
Congrats.  I have a 500 but the xciting platform in your size is just as stable.  Have fun.

bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »
Thanks, desliderman...I've ridden it to work the last 2 days and boy it almost makes going to work fun.  Just filled up and it looks like I'm getting about 74 mpg so far...so the wife is happy.  It sure beats the 17 mpg my truck was getting.  I've been trying to go easy during the break-in, but it's been tempting to roll the throttle back to see what she can do.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2014 Honda CTX700N

aspen490

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 02:37:11 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I am also an owner of a 2009 Xciting 250. Just bought it from the dealer and it's still brand new, only had 3 miles on it. I am riding to work, about 30 miles a day and so far, I really love it.
I ride it every other day and yesterday, it wouldn't start. I wonder if the battery still needs to be replaced. My hubby put a battery tender on it and it started fine this morning. Guess I'll have to see if that does it. The battery looks really small to me after my car battery. My second day of riding, a bee hit me right between my helmet strap and my cheek, got stung 5 times before I could knock it out. Now that was fun! (not). Are there any women riders out there?

bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 10:41:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  I ride my XC250 to work everyday it isn't snowing or raining, and sometimes even if it is raining.  I sometimes wish I had a longer commute - mine is only about 5 miles.  The XC is a comfortable ride for my commute and makes the trip slightly faster than my truck
Sorry to hear about your battery issues.  My guess is that it drained while sitting at the dealers.  I would suggest that you have someone look it over before you do much riding.  Change the oil ASAP and have someone check the transmission oil and brake fluid as well.  They are probably fine, but if they have been sitting, it might make sense to replace them now, rather than wait for the 200 mile first service.  One of the best things about the XC is the fuel injection.  Wait until your scoot is broken in..they purr like kittens then.  I am just now getting to that point with about 1400 miles on mine.  Good luck and enjoy.

Bill
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2014 Honda CTX700N

slunkmonky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 11:17:55 PM »
I'd love a fuel injected. I feel like carbed is not as responsive as I'd like. I still love my '06 though even though I needed my first repair, a new set of tires, and paid my next year of insurance all this week.... Ouch. But add that all together and we're talking about the same amount of money a new set of truck tires would cost,, or not enough money for a transmission job on a car. So I'll not let it get me down.

Someone mistook my xc250 for a burgman the other day lol. I keep looking around for new bikes or scooters with bigger engines, but in town traffic my 250 is faster than a porsche so I never actually buy up to something else. 250 is a potent engine in my opinion, but the only other bike I ever road was a MZ RT 125. It was very light compared to my scooter so it was about as fast. I think a 250 cc shift bike it about as fast a vehicle as I'd ever need. I just don't need to see 90 mph. But getting to 65 like a bullet would do.
Kymco xciting 250 '06

bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 12:38:16 PM »
For my commute to work, the XC250 works great.  I also find it is great on secondary highways.  I will take it on the interstate for short hops, but it really doesn't have the top end for it.  I can hit 65 faster than most cars and enjoy doing so :), but my scoot tops out around 72 - traffic around here is usually 75-80 and I would like to have the speed to pull away from a situation, if needed.  Still from 0-65, as fast and responsive as I need.  The added bonus is I can take my wife with me, and we can take trips to Newport etc. which is about 40 miles away.
Sorry to hear about the repairs.  To put a little perspective on it, I spent $530 in maintenance on my scooter this year - I needed to change all the fluids as it was a "New" '09.  My truck needed new tires and wheels this year and this cost about $1200.  I put 1800 miles on my scoot and only about 600 on my truck.  I also spent about $90 in gas on the scoot and I filled my truck 4 times to the tune of about $120.  Not saying anything bad about my truck - it is 12 years old and this is the first major expense on it, but the scooter is still way more fun to ride.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2014 Honda CTX700N

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()