Author Topic: Did Kymco make a 4t ZX50?  (Read 1288 times)

Japennell

• View Profile
Did Kymco make a 4t ZX50?
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:11:51 PM »
I'm asking because a CL add has one listed as a 4T.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Did Kymco make a 4t ZX50?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:38:14 PM »
NONE. This may be a conversion or typo. 2t's don't last too long so it may be a gy6 engine in a ZX. It's worth a call out of curiosity. Can you post a link?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Japennell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:44:39 AM »
Sure.  http://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/2900111851.html

However, it was his text that said it was a 4t.  Must be a typo.  Thank you for confirming.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 01:19:08 AM »
2006 was the last year they were made so it is still needing everything rubber replaced, as well as the usual tune up stuff. Low miles are good but years are bad. If you like it check for cracks in the rubber (hoses/lines/controls/tires) This will add to your cost.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 01:21:03 AM »
Ps... Mine is an '05, and I got it mint w/11,000 on the clock for three hundred. Shop more. Kelly blue book is only 987.00 Retail, and 547.00 trade in

Japennell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:21:10 PM »
I picked up an 05 with 1300 miles on it.  It needs a battery and has not been tuned up in a few years.  Even so, it ran real nice.

He also had new front plastics and underside even though they are not needed.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 12:06:54 AM »
Very nice looking scoot. I forgot what mine looked like new. I see the Tech. pipe. What other mods are there? What is the top speed as is?

Japennell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 11:29:04 AM »
Thanks.  According to the seller, the pipe was the only mod.  He says it does 47 mph.  I easily hit 40 yesterday without going full throttle.

I love it!!!  What a difference from my Spree.

The battery was dead so I charged it last night.  However, I am still unable to use the electric start.  Not a big deal and I will make sure I am trying to start it correctly before I assume the worse.

I am also going to change the plug as he said he only put gas and oil in it since he owned it.

The throttle seems to stick from a dead stop and then it wants to jump.  Could that be related to a old plug or is it likely the actual cable/throttle assembly itself?

There also seems to be a slight rattling sound as well.  He says it was the kick stand.  

If the muffler is changed, are there other mods that should be done along with it for mechanical reasons?  I want to make sure that what he did was complete.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 07:34:46 PM »
There is a long list of to do's. Cable is first. Disconnect it from the carb, and the oil pump. It should move smooth.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()