Author Topic: kick(side) stand switch on super 8 150  (Read 1616 times)

bilyum

• Super 8 150
    • View Profile
kick(side) stand switch on super 8 150
« on: April 26, 2012, 01:58:14 AM »
Where is it,,,I  thought they were required by law????My scoot has none, that is it will start with the stand down...Dangerous!
Later
bilyum

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: kick(side) stand switch on super 8 150
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 02:35:30 AM »
Where is it,,,I  thought they were required by law????My scoot has none, that is it will start with the stand down...Dangerous!

I don't have one. What law of what country may I ask?

bilyum

• Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »
Don't know the law but I thought they were required in the USA!
Most motorcycles have them and it can do harm if left down accidentally.Of course, the Super 8 is made in China  not Taiwan may be part of the reason.
Later
bilyum

sentinex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 07:45:10 PM »
Don't know the law but I thought they were required in the USA!
Most motorcycles have them and it can do harm if left down accidentally.Of course, the Super 8 is made in China  not Taiwan may be part of the reason.
That is Incorrect, Kymco has 2 factories one in Taiwan and the other one in China, you can look it up by the VIN number, there is a vin number database somewhere where you can look it up. Also they not require by law in the USA, since all Vespa don't come with one. Lastly I don't know what the OP referring to, my Super 8 150 has a kickstand and is standard in all Super 8.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:23:23 PM »
Switch not required in the US. My People S250 has one but the People 150 I had did not. By the way it was made in Taiwan.

You just got to remember to not take off with the kick stand down. Its a no brainer.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 01:34:41 AM »
Lastly I don't know what the OP referring to, my Super 8 150 has a kickstand and is standard in all Super 8.

He's referring to the sidestand switch. Some scoots will not start with the sidestand down. I don't think it's required by law. It's a feature of some scoots/bikes. In some scoots, you can start the engine even without depressing the brakes, some can't.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 02:57:40 AM »
Every motorcycle I have owned had a sidestand switch but I have never ridden a scooter with one.  Maybe the requirements are different for motorcycles and scooters?
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

tjupille

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »
No, it's not required on either scooters or motorcycles (I also have a Royal Enfield Bullet; neither it nor the Super 8 have a sidestand switch).

It may be a question of how the sidestand is mounted. On both of those bikes, if you pull away with the stand down, it simply folds back (ask me how I know!  ;) ).

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()