Author Topic: Like Front Rack???  (Read 8147 times)

tuffguy

• View Profile
Re: Like Front Rack???
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 12:25:59 AM »
Here's a close up of the bolts.

tuffguy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 12:26:50 AM »
One last picture.

SonicSix

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
    • My Scooter Site
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »
You did a really good job on the installation, but I don't think the look is for me.
2012 Kymco Like 200i Black and Blue
White Bell Revolver EVO Modular Helmet with Dark Smoke Shield
States I have scootered in...

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »
That's a brilliant idea. It never occurred to me to attach it to crash bars. I'm looking in to getting bars sometime this summer. From the pictures i've seen they seem to be attached kind of delicately to the scooter.... sliding under the screws on the leg shield and floorboard. Is this right? Or are they more sturdy? Anywho that looks awesome. The utilitarian look kind of cuts down the "cute" of the Like. I think it works. It's exactly what I want to do with mine.

tuffguy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 12:40:53 AM »
My pictures are a little deceiving, the camera gives a fish eye of the rack, as if the rack was the biggest thing on the bike. The rack doesn't really look so big in real life.  Here's a top view of the aluminum custom brackets. I snugged aluminum flat stock around the 14 mm round stock in a vice to make the custom brackets. The only trick was not to scratch the aluminum. I have had people tell me that you can hardly notice the rack on the bike. They didn't notice anything different.

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 02:13:43 PM »
Tuff guy... you still rocking the front rack on the like? Has it held up over the past year?

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 03:54:31 PM »
I added saddle bags to my Like to gain more storage space. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 08:17:25 PM »
I added saddle bags to my Like to gain more storage space.

What saddle bags did you get? My girlfriend got me http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5/18/175/27713/ITEM/Kwik-Tek-ScootR-Logic-Saddlebags.aspx for xmas, and they didn't fit the Like. The buckles rested right where the seat does... so now her Buddy has new saddlebags. I'd still like a set but i'd have to make sure they fit first.

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 12:34:17 PM »
What saddle bags did you get? My girlfriend got me http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5/18/175/27713/ITEM/Kwik-Tek-ScootR-Logic-Saddlebags.aspx for xmas, and they didn't fit the Like. The buckles rested right where the seat does... so now her Buddy has new saddlebags. I'd still like a set but i'd have to make sure they fit first.

Those are the ones I have.  I slid them back so that the front strap is going across the fuel filler cap.  The rear strap I have going through the mount for the luggage box on the far back of the scooter.  The only downfall of doing this is it limits the side-ward visibility of the rear turn signals. 

I carry my rain suit in one side, the other side I carry a spider net, bungee cords, toilet paper (never leave home without it!  lol), and a 1/4 gallon container of fuel as an emergency backup. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 08:28:18 PM »
Those are the ones I have. 

Hmm. maybe it's time to reclaim my xmas present!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()