Author Topic: Original roller weight  (Read 9070 times)

ahonekal

• Jep Jep
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Original roller weight
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
Any ideas where i can find normal rollers?

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Original roller weight
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »
A Kymco dealer? :-*

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 05:09:58 AM »
Stadium Yamaha online.  Mention this forum and possibly get a discount.

KymcoParts 123 online is another. 

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Re: Re: Re: Original roller weight
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 07:17:05 PM »
Thanx for link but cannot find rollers for xciting 500 size 28 x 22. :-\

The sliders I needed weren't listed either, I emailed them, they had them in stock.
Paid over paypal, shipped next day.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Original roller weight
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 01:21:17 AM »
The sliders I needed weren't listed either, I emailed them, they had them in stock.
Paid over paypal, shipped next day.
You will find the same issue with Most shops. You have to talk to someone. The adds cannot possibly cover everything they carry. They would have to update every day!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 02:48:48 PM »
I don't have any "issues", since I do some freelance web desing stuff I'm aware of that so
I ALWAYS e-mail everyone.  ;D
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 01:20:03 AM »
Whoa, Nelly... Good boy.  :-*
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ahonekal

• Jep Jep
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »
I think that xciting 500 have 30g rollers and xciting 500i and newer have 33g, cause better torgue with lower rpm. Anyway i took dr pulleys away cause rpms gets too high when cruisin. They were 28g not 29g as i ordered. So send some email to dealer he will take these wrong sliders back and send me new 31g dr. pulley sliders :-) Hope these 31g sliders work ok.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 04:59:46 PM »
I ordered Dr P's right from Union Materials. 31g. After about 2,500 miles they are wiped out. Almost down to the metal. I'm done, no more after market. And as for after market clutches, such as Dr P HIT clutch and such. You can buy about 8 stock Kymco's for the price they want for one. I have 30,000 miles now and my clutch is fine. It locks up good and must not slip as there is no glazing! And the bell looks perfect. So the HIT locks up faster and your 0 to 60 is a half second faster? Big deal. They should cost $50.00-60.00 max. I have also read on diff forums that after installing Dr P sliders, that soon after, their belt snaped? Are the Dr P's related to my belt problems? I can't say for sure? But I have used them 2 times, and both times my belts have gone at 1,500 & 1,000 miles. I'm done. :'(

ahonekal

• Jep Jep
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 06:48:42 PM »
How pulley weight can snap belt, i wonder! Mayby installation error? Too light or heavy weight? Kevlar belt?

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 08:56:06 PM »
As I stated, 31g, 1 oz more heavy than stock. Installed perfect by me, not mechanic. Followed their instuctions and watched video several times on how to install on an X500. Held variator together as I tightened nut. They could not have slipped out of place. They were in correct place when I took it apart. I did not say they caused this, just that everytime I used them my belt broke?  :'(

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
It's strange, but absolutely no way that it can be due to the sliders since they don't
get anywhere near the belt. Lighter weights = more revs = more acceleration and that
can shorten it's life span, but nothing else.

But.. maybe you put something back together wrong.
The abnormal wear also suggests that.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 04:04:47 AM »
My variator was ruined in far less than a year while sliders were in it.  Now back to stock rollers and no hints of problems in 8 months.  I never did have a belt break, though. 

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012, 11:43:03 AM »
Hoolander is exactly right, and stated so better than I could or did. The first time I put Dr Pulleys in the boss froze inside the pulley half in about 1,500 miles. Cleaned everything up, put back together (at a shop), and in about another 2,000 miles broke belt, and inside pulley was egg shaped, the boss could just flop from side to side. I could not believe it lasted that long? I think it lasted that long because I went back to stock weights?  I should have put in a new inner pulley half when the boss froze, but shop in Ill where it broke down did not tell me what had happened as they had not torn into it yet, and shop and I both thought it was just a broken belt. With my last (new variator) I put Dr P's back in thinking they were not the problem? 1,000 miles latter my new variator and belt are toast. The ramps on the inside of the variator looked as if they had been ground by metal to metal contact? Distroyed completely. Hoolander! If I were you I would replace your inner pulley half with a new one! It may be a ticking time bomb? And with belts at $221.00 now, (a complete rip off by Kymco), it may be the best preventive maintenance you could perform? The boss should be ok as it is steal. The part is only about $40.00, much cheaper than a belt and or a complete new variator. I agree with Cortez. I have no idea how the Dr P's could cause this problem, but it happens! I talked to one mechanic a couple of years ago when I was looking into DrP's, and he stated that he liked Dr P's in a Dr P variator, (because the variator was made for their sliders), but did not like Dr P's in a stock variator, (to many problems). I should have taken his advise. :-* :'(

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 05:39:27 PM »
Painfully expensive lessons. I wasted several set ups trying different "toys". Mine cost MUCH less tho. I bought my scoot for the price of your belt.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()