Author Topic: New Owner  (Read 3348 times)

txkymcolike

• View Profile
New Owner
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:30:53 PM »
I'm a new owner of a Like 200i.  Previous owner of an Aprilia Atlantic 200 and Suzuki SV650.  One week of commuting and a few observations.

First, I just filled up today and calculated 67 mpg after all stop and go driving in mostly suburban with a little urban.  I was hoping for better mileage but I am 215 pounds and only have 87 miles on it.  You do feel all bumps in the road, but that is to be expected with smaller wheels.  I love the storage.  The scooter is a little slower than my previous one but, for the engine size, is not bad at all.  The fastest I've gone is 50 mph (trying to be gentle during the break in period).  Handling is great and most people love the looks.

Because there were no other dealers in DFW that had this one in stock, I didn't mind paying just below MSRP, TTL, freight and setup.  I'm not a hard negotiator, so I'm sure I could have gotten it for a little less but I don't mind the dealer making some money, plus they delivered it 30 miles for free.

I'm very satisfied with this scooter.

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
Re: New Owner
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 01:33:04 AM »
You got a great deal...its a great scoot.  Get out there and enjoy!  Congrats!

SonicSix

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
    • My Scooter Site
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 02:00:05 AM »
I've had mine about a week now and am getting 88 MPG on the 2 times I have filled up so far.  I weigh 180 and am running 93 octane with a splash of Sta-Bil Ethanol Treatment. If you are enjoying your scoot as much as I am enjoying mine, then you have a big grin on your face. ;D
2012 Kymco Like 200i Black and Blue
White Bell Revolver EVO Modular Helmet with Dark Smoke Shield
States I have scootered in...

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 06:49:20 AM »
I'm a new owner of a Like 200i.  Previous owner of an Aprilia Atlantic 200 and Suzuki SV650.  One week of commuting and a few observations.

First, I just filled up today and calculated 67 mpg after all stop and go driving in mostly suburban with a little urban.  I was hoping for better mileage but I am 215 pounds and only have 87 miles on it.  You do feel all bumps in the road, but that is to be expected with smaller wheels.  I love the storage.  The scooter is a little slower than my previous one but, for the engine size, is not bad at all.  The fastest I've gone is 50 mph (trying to be gentle during the break in period).  Handling is great and most people love the looks.

Because there were no other dealers in DFW that had this one in stock, I didn't mind paying just below MSRP, TTL, freight and setup.  I'm not a hard negotiator, so I'm sure I could have gotten it for a little less but I don't mind the dealer making some money, plus they delivered it 30 miles for free.

I'm very satisfied with this scooter.

Your MPG figures will get better with time, it's been over 1000 miles on my DT300 before it
started to improve.

As for comfort, Michelin City Grip tires do wonders for comfort, I've put them on my Agility 125
and was shocked at how much softer/smoother the bike was. Even my GF noticed it.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

txkymcolike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »
Thanks for the advice on the tires.  As for the mileage, maybe the fact that the dealer filled it with Regular octane has a little to do with it.  It's still better than the 13 mpg I was pulling with my Dodge Durango on my commute.  Also, the sparkle on the black paint is beautiful in the sunlight.  I'm just not looking forward to the 100+ degree ride home in the summer.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »
I wouldn't blame the octane value.
It's just the brake-in.

Click on my Fuelly signature thingie and look at fuel consumption I had
on the first few tanks.

It's down by 30% now, and I've even went with lighter CVT weights, so
there's more revs in most cases.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

txkymcolike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
Does anyone know why, when first taking off in the morning, if I give it a good twist of the throttle, it makes this weird sound, almost like it's not getting enough fuel and it hesitates?  It only does this at this time.  I guess it needs to warm up more?

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 03:58:52 AM »
How do you find the stability at 45-55 mph?I I plan to ride my Like 200i LX to work until I find local work(retired). What about storage? Does it work well for You?
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 05:16:19 AM »
As for comfort, Michelin City Grip tires do wonders for comfort, I've put them on my Agility 125
and was shocked at how much softer/smoother the bike was. Even my GF noticed it.

@Cortez:   Do you think this will be a great improvement on my Super 8? I still have the original Chengs

txkymcolike

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »
This bike cruises very smoothly at 50 mph.  I haven't had it above that because of the break-in recommendation in the manual.  I'm almost at 400 miles so I'm overdue on the first service.  The storage is excellent.  The topcase is really nice and the other two spots are handy for things like a rainsuit, paperwork, toolbag, etc.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 12:28:24 PM »

@Cortez:   Do you think this will be a great improvement on my Super 8? I still have the original Chengs

Probably, if they're anything like the Chengs on the 12" Agility.
They're fine up to a certain point, then decide it's your ass and try to kill you on every ride.

From what I've seen tho, the City Grips work better on heavier/bigger scoots, and Piaggio BV300/350
and X-max 250 come with them which confirms my experience more or less.

I've went a bit softer on the front of my Agility after switching to the City Grips.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

txkymcolike

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 09:16:31 PM »
2100 miles so far commuting.  The slipping went away (probably some oil type residue on the belt from the factory).  The scooter has given me no problems.  Tires are still fine.  THe only quality issue is the rubber liner for the storage lid came off but stuff stays dry in there anyways.  The only disappointment I have is the gas mileage.  I get in the high 70's.  This may have something to do with the fact that I weigh 215 lbs and I usually go 50 mph and take off as quick as possible from stops.  Great bike though.

captainscott

• you meet the best people on a 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »
I found the rubber seal came off my storage box as well but pushed it all back in firmly using a credit card. 4 hands are better than 2 as it’s a fiddly job but I didn’t use any glue and it’s stayed in place.
I have covered 3200 miles since May and it’s not missed a beat. Lost a screw from the exhaust heat shield but that’s all. It goes for a 6 monthly service soon. Excellent scoot. Ride safe.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()