Author Topic: safety  (Read 610 times)

bilyum

• Super 8 150
    • View Profile
safety
« on: May 06, 2012, 02:14:08 AM »
I don't know about guys (gals) but I am constantly learning  a "new not to do" thingie. If you aren't killed making these little mistakes then you may say you are lucky. But , you may not always be so lucky.
Every time you board your ride you must remind your self you are riding a scooter not driving a car. Get you head straight before you begin your ride.
Always practice making your turns sharp and tight need to or not . One wide turn might be your last.It will become automatic. It is my opinion that you never head for the center lane until you have first entered the lane closest to you. From there merge if you need to.
When riding in safe zones we become complacent and then enter a hazard zone with some of that complacent attitude, and that is where we may make a deadly error. You have treat all zones as if they are hazard zones so you don't get caught off guard.
I' m sure some of you can add some experience or good habit you have obtained in your months and years of riding. I was almost clipped today and only because of a wide turn I made. The driver in the car could've cared less and buzzed on by. Good thing he wasn't multitasking!
Later
bilyum

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: safety
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 02:16:47 AM »
..good advice, bilyum!!

..also, be aware of the driver's blind-spot..

..STAY OUT OF IT!!

;)
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()