Author Topic: Trufuel Ethanol Free 4 Cycle Fuel  (Read 2404 times)

gunsntexas

• View Profile
Trufuel Ethanol Free 4 Cycle Fuel
« on: May 07, 2012, 03:31:54 PM »
Would anyone consider using this stuff, mixing it with some high octane from the fuel pump? Our local shop sells some VP C9 ethanol free racing fuels. I was told by a mechanic that my scoot would really enjoy a nice cocktail made from a mix like that. I know I enjoy a nice high octane mix myself occasionally, so any opinions on this? For the scooter and not me... ???

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Trufuel Ethanol Free 4 Cycle Fuel
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »
Why bother with the cost and hassle? My carbed X500 runs fine on low grade pump gas! Unless your bike or car pings, I see no diff between the 3 grades. :-*

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:12:26 PM »
Would anyone consider using this stuff, mixing it with some high octane from the fuel pump? Our local shop sells some VP C9 ethanol free racing fuels. I was told by a mechanic that my scoot would really enjoy a nice cocktail made from a mix like that. I know I enjoy a nice high octane mix myself occasionally, so any opinions on this? For the scooter and not me... ???

1. Unless you hear knocking in your engine which I doubt is the case, you will gain nothing by using "high octane" fuel compared to baseline fuel used in Kymco 500.

2. I do not think you will gain anything by switching to ethanol free fuel. Most of the effect will be in the placebo range.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

htcneil2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:41:16 PM »
Try it out and report.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 12:59:26 AM »
If you do use c9 mix it with REGULAR gas. Premium will keep the octane SO high it may cause misfires in the cylinder, and backfiring in the pipe. you need to 'buffer ' the octane in the C9. A ratio of 1 part c9 to 3 parts 87oct (regular) will give you a usable street fuel with a little extra zip! I gained this info from a Yamaha Factory race mechanic friend. If you can tolerate the hassle it will pay of in better performance, and MPG.
Beware the Flat-Earthers.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 01:52:24 AM »
Beware the Flat-Earthers.

::) :o ??? :-X :-*

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 03:37:53 AM »
Flat -Earthers are those that believe better is a hype.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 03:41:08 AM »
Flat -Earthers are those that believe better is a hype.

:-X :-* ;)

What's better than 100 octane pump fuel....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 03:42:26 AM »
Where is that jiggily girl avatar?
That's a bit better...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()