Author Topic: CDI Question  (Read 4454 times)

philipgunter

• View Profile
Re: CDI Question
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 09:53:39 PM »
Thank You i will post this is not going to beat me ! The stator is a 6 pole do i need the same part number or is there one from a different scooter that will fit ?

Thanks philip

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »
Sadly NO OTHER STATOR! Your flashing indicates the Pulser coil is good. WAIT... You have the blue heat sink cdi? Too lazy to look back... Post up how you wired it. I saw a thread where Shaka verified the wires but I think 2 were transposed... ?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 12:31:28 AM »
Yeah this was it... Did you try switching those 2? With all the new goodies I bet it will fire!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

philipgunter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 01:06:00 AM »
Hello Zombie,

Yes i did switch the Blue and Yellow as you talked about in one of the post you send me there was no change  ??? any I do have the Blue cdi with heat sink. I just checked again now that it dark outside and should see a spark but there was none.
Here is how it is hooked up right now.

CDI                                   Scooter
Red                                   Black/Red Stripe
Black                                 Black/White Stripe
Blue                                  Blue/Yellow Stripe
Green                                Green
Yellow                               Black/Yellow Stripe
:) Guess i need a 24 Volt Battery just kidding. This is Crazy but im going to beat it.

Thank You
Philip 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 01:10:50 AM »
Well try switching the blue, and yellow again.
I had the same issue with the same cdi 4 years ago. I (like you) tried everything! I ordered the Suitai, and 1 kick. I thought the cdi was a mis match but perhaps it was faulty all along.(like yours?)

philipgunter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 01:32:52 AM »
Hello Zombie,
I just went out and switched the Blue and Yellow no luck i put the old cdi on and switched it also no spark ? do you think the new cdi i got is bad ? maybe i should try to get another one ? and what is your thoughts on the stator? should i track one of those down also:) any input you could offer me.

Thanks
 Philip

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 02:00:18 AM »
What I allways suggest is the same... Buy a new stator, and cdi. 100 bucks will stop the torment. Then you will have at least one goo spare on one part. My Daywot ebay cdi was defective. I suppose it could be you have one too. I've seen maybe a hundred replaced cdi's here over the years (on zx's). So two out of a hundred sounds real.

philipgunter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 02:34:17 AM »
Thank you everyone im going to find a stator & a CDI i think this is the best way to go:) i will post the outcome.

Thanks again

Philip

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 02:38:01 AM »
No trouble. I sure that will get it.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 03:17:29 AM »
Just had a thought...not sure if this is an accurate test but turn the key on and turn the headlight on, when you kick start the engine does the headlight flicker dimly?  I think this will tell you if your stator is generating power.  Otherwise, I'll go turn on my other computer and check, I think I have the wiring diagram for the new cdi on it.  I don't really feel like pulling mine apart to check...at least right now.

philipgunter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 03:26:50 AM »
 ;D Thank you Shaka i will test this right after work on Wed and post what i find out. at this point i will check anything out  ;D

Thank You again
Philip

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 03:52:17 AM »
Just double checked and I believe you have the correct wiring...basically it follows the tracer color.  The only confusing ones are the black, blue, and yellow.

CDI       Scooter (wire/tracer)

Black----Black/White
Blue-----Blue/Yellow
Yellow---Black/Yellow
Red-----Black/Red
Green---Green

Hope this helps to verify your wiring.  I have had a bad spark plug before...may also want to try a different plug, even a used one you know works.  That issue took forever to figure out!

philipgunter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 12:07:36 AM »
Hi Shaka,
Just did the test with Key on head light turned in and gave the kick start a workout not even a dim flicker so just to be sure i unplugged the light and hooked a volt meter to the wires no movement  :-[ but thank you for the idea to try.

Philip

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 12:12:17 AM »
It was just a thought...but i will go check mine.  Hold on.   :)

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 12:16:42 AM »
Just went out in the garage and unplugged my spark plug, turned the key on, turned the headlight on...while kicking rapidly my headlight flickers dimly. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()