Poll

Is it carb, too much oil, too much gas, or broken parts? I KNOW NOTHING :(

Carb problem
2 (100%)
Oil problem
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Please help me.. Zx 50 Super fever  (Read 4169 times)

Norskrik

• View Profile
Please help me.. Zx 50 Super fever
« on: May 09, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
I have changed spark plug, variator kit, and battery. And i think the guy before me changed some parts. Now it starts 1st time every time. But after maybe 8 miles give or take, it just stops. It doesnt cut out, it just idles at very low revs. And when i try to accelerate it just bobbles on the low revs like there is just no power. And you can hear the exhaust put put put with the twist of the accelerator.... Any ideas are extremley appreciated.. Please bare in mind i am stupid and know nothing hehe :)

ce

• View Profile
Re: Please help me.. Zx 50 Super fever
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:30:03 AM »
Sounds like a vacuum or diaphragm problem. open the top of the carb and slide the rubber diaphragm out to inspect for tears or holes.

If it doesn't lift up when you open the throttle, it chokes off the air flow.

Check all the vac lines for leaks.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:29:12 AM »
You're thinking of the 4T CVK style carbs...the 2T's are different and have no diaphram.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 06:16:20 AM »
If it keeps running I would think ... CDI...Again... Will it return to normal after sitting for a little while?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Norskrik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:40:27 AM »
Hey thanks for replys. It was starting fine and going again as normal after some hours.. But now,,, i went for a ride yesterday for around 1 hour stoping 3 times and it started fine. Then on the way home it did the usual, no power, down to just idle revs. Leaving me to really beleive it had too much gas and was flooding. But that is just a gut feeling, i dont know how these things work so could be anything. I then pushd the rest of the way, and an hour later.it started fine but died straight away. So i left it to take a look today. And now it wont even start :(

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 06:15:25 AM »
Take off the carb, and CAREFULLY pour the fuel from the bowl into a clear glass container. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, and look for water in the bottom. If there is NO water buy a new stator/cdi. 100.00 bucks for both.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Norskrik

• View Profile
Re: Re: Please help me.. Zx 50 Super fever
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 01:10:50 PM »
Regulator rectifier. What does this do? A friend of mine gave me 1 thinking it was the cdi. Just wondering if it is worth trying this part as i have it.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
Regulator rectifier. What does this do? A friend of mine gave me 1 thinking it was the cdi. Just wondering if it is worth trying this part as i have it.
This keep your voltage at a steady limited voltage to supply lights etc, so it wont blow everything by giving it too much volts when you rev up etc.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Norskrik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 01:38:26 PM »
Ok. Thanks. Nothing to do with my other problems.... Yet. Lol

Norskrik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »
Hey guys. We took it all apart today. The carb is all looking good. The problems we did find and do have are now as follows :  Coil creates very little spark from the plug. . . The spark plug had ALOT of oil on the end.. So new coil is orderd soon. Blockd the oil now so will start mixing oil in with the gas. And i think that is it. It started 2 times today but died straight away. Now ot wont start atall.

Conclusion,

Oil on spark plug
Very poor spark from plug
Possible Cdi/Stator

Can these be the reasons it was running poor and stopping all the time?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 11:10:35 PM »
try all the easy fix frist.  check the cap on the plug. make sure its to spec.just because its new dont mean its at the right cap. make sure no air in gas lines or in the air box leaking. clean air tight scoot is a happy scoot.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:13:11 PM by blue »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »
The spark is ALWAYS week on the zx when you are just spinning it over. Your coil is most likely ok but who knows. New plug/fuel/air filters... CDI/Stator are most likely the issue. Keep us posted.

Norskrik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 05:48:52 PM »
Just a quick update. I have orderd a cdi and stator and also new coil, with the new spark plug fingers are crossed it will work when the parts arive :) unfortunatly i live in Norway, so it takes around 18 days for shipping :(  ill keep you all posted :)

Norskrik

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 07:22:35 AM »
Ok, here is the latest. . CDI and Stator arrived. . Wrong Stator :(. . Connected the CDI and it fired up 1 time, almost as if it was going to run again, but she was just teasing me and died again. .

The connectors on the CDI did not match to the connectors on the bike. So i clipped all the cables and did them straight to eachother. But i forgot wich of the green cables was going to nothing :(. . Shall i just connect them together?

Apart from that i am now waiting another 10-17 days for the new  Stator. So is there anything else i am missing or should be looking for?

Oh and now i have killed the starter relay box by the battery :(

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »
. Blockd the oil now so will start mixing oil in with the gas. And i think that is it. It started 2 times today but died straight away. Now ot wont start atall.

Am I reading this right? You have a 4 stroke and have cut off the oil supply and will mix the gas and oil like a 2 stroke? I have limited mech. ability myself but I have never heard of anyone undertaking a "fix" of a problem this way. I can't see how it will make things better. what concentration will you mix the oil and gas, 50:1, 35:1, 200:1?

Maybe someone smarter than me can shed some light on this or maybe I'm just reading it wrong.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()