Author Topic: Not looking to start a riot  (Read 30503 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Not looking to start a riot
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2012, 02:58:22 AM »
I have older dogs than combined marriages. Trippy
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2012, 03:04:00 AM »
Why don't people wake up! hello! you talk about gay marriages while the whole world are marrying animals already!!! Lol!

Cow

An Indonesian teenager from Bali was forced by village elders to marry a cow after he was caught fornicating it. Ngurah Alit claimed the cow seduced him and "wooed him with flattering compliments." The cow was then drowned in a "cleansing" ritual.

Horse

In some parts of Celtic Ireland, kings (often called "sacred kings") had to wed the local goddess of the land. A druidess was usually chosen to represent the land goddess as the king's wife, but one king in Donegal married a horse, a representative of their local goddess.
    May 1998 – The Jerry Springer Show had an episode titled "I Married a Horse!". The show was ultimately not aired by many stations on the planned date, apparently due to concerns about the acceptability of broadcasting an episode in which a man admitted to a long term emotional and sexual relationship of this kind. The man and his horse later participated in a British documentary on the subject.

Dog

June 2003 – A nine year old Indian girl of the Santal (or 'Santhal') tribe of Khanyhan, near Calcutta was formally married to a dog, in order to ward off a bad omen. The wedding was attended by more than one hundred guests, who danced to the beating of drums and drank home-made liquor. The girl told Western press, "I have no regret in marrying the dog Bacchan. I am fond of the dog who moves around our locality and tribal elders added she was free to remarry a human in future as an adult.

November 2007 – A man in southern India married a female dog in a traditional Hindu ceremony as an attempt to atone for stoning two other dogs to death – an act he believes cursed him. Selvakumar, 33, told the paper he had been suffering since he stoned two dogs to death and hung their bodies from a tree 15 years prior.

February 2009 – An infant boy was married off to his neighbors' dog in eastern India by villagers who said it will stop the groom from being killed by wild animals. The boy will still be able to marry a human bride in the future without filing for divorce.

November 2010 – A young Toowoomba, Queensland man tied the knot with his best friend – a five-year-old labrador.

Goat

February 2006 – A Sudanese man named Charles Tombe caught having sex with a neighbour's goat which was subsequently nicknamed Rose, was ordered by the council of elders to pay the neighbour a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($75) and marry the animal.

Snake

June 2006 – An Indian woman from Bhubaneswar, Orissa, allegedly "fell in love with a snake" and was married to it at a "traditional Hindu wedding celebrated by 2,000 guests". She claimed that a bond of understanding existed between the two. The woman had previously been ill, and recovered upon offering milk to the snake, at which time she fell in love. She later "converted to the animal-loving vegetarian Vaishnav sect whose local elders gave her permission to marry the cobra."  An investigation by Harper's magazine journalist Mischa Berlinski suggests that the snake may not even exist at all and that the incident may have been stage-managed as part of a local power struggle between Vaishnav religious leaders.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2012, 03:10:22 AM »
As long as they were all in love. Apparently most of them were. It's all good. I'll pay their welfare, and support life care for their crack babies... It's all good now.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

hippiebrian

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2012, 01:44:20 PM »
I think all people should have the same rights no matter race, religion, national origin or sexual preference.  Come on people, this is 2012 not 1800!  Seriously...

That being said, I have an answer to all of this.  Ban marriage by any government!  Keep it, gay or straight, as domestic partnership.  Like it has been pointed out here, marriage is between two people and their preacher, and the state should have nothing to do with it!  If a church is okay with same sex marriage, go for it!  If they aren't, while I'd consider them closed minded, more power to them, then don't.

Legally, however, in a free society, all people should have the same rights, so if marriage is currently a legal institution it should be allowed no matter who you are!  Seriously, gay people have the same right as I do to cut that alimony check every month!  Grrrrrr!

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »
I think all people should have the same rights no matter race, religion, national origin or sexual preference.  Come on people, this is 2012 not 1800!  Seriously...

That being said, I have an answer to all of this.  Ban marriage by any government!  Keep it, gay or straight, as domestic partnership.  Like it has been pointed out here, marriage is between two people and their preacher, and the state should have nothing to do with it!  If a church is okay with same sex marriage, go for it!  If they aren't, while I'd consider them closed minded, more power to them, then don't.

Legally, however, in a free society, all people should have the same rights, so if marriage is currently a legal institution it should be allowed no matter who you are!  Seriously, gay people have the same right as I do to cut that alimony check every month!  Grrrrrr!

Odd thing is that in 1800 it was modern times then too, so you can't look at it as if it were a poor time for thinking. Some of the greatest minds came out of the 1800's.

Ask yourself one question, why was everyone so against homosexuals getting married?

Marrige was intended so that heterosexuals would precreate and raise a family to increase the population and homosexuals with unnatural sex acts cannot do that.

If you want to give homosexuals a contract fine but to me "marrige" is something special that hetero sexuals have between themselves. Let homosexuals come up with something of their own. Same rights as heterosexuals but not called marrige.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2012, 06:52:42 PM »

Odd thing is that in 1800 it was modern times then too, so you can't look at it as if it were a poor time for thinking. Some of the greatest minds came out of the 1800's.

Ask yourself one question, why was everyone so against homosexuals getting married?

Marrige was intended so that heterosexuals would precreate and raise a family to increase the population and homosexuals with unnatural sex acts cannot do that.

If you want to give homosexuals a contract fine but to me "marrige" is something special that hetero sexuals have between themselves. Let homosexuals come up with something of their own. Same rights as heterosexuals but not called marrige.

I think that humans can procreate and start a family just fine without "marriage". In fact, I see no reason why rational, non-religious people would enter "marriage", except because of the usual "everybody does that" passed on by the "elders" and peer pressure.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
I think that humans can procreate and start a family just fine without "marriage". In fact, I see no reason why rational, non-religious people would enter "marriage", except because of the usual "everybody does that" passed on by the "elders" and peer pressure.

Financial benefits. In the US you pay less tax filing as a married couple than two individuals filing from the same address. Same for insurance rates. Married couples pay much less than individuals. It's all about the dollar.
I do agree w/ 008.... Let them call it something else. Same rights but anything else. It's not really a marriage in my opinion. It's a legal arrangement to save money. Call it "cheating the system". I've always like the ring to that phrase.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2012, 09:06:01 PM »
..religious, irrational, rational, non-religious, system cheaters, lesbians   :P  queers      :-\  ...

..we all bleed red blood when pierced with a spear......

dot-dot-dot
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:10:28 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »

If you want to give homosexuals a contract fine but to me "marrige" is something special that hetero sexuals have between themselves. Let homosexuals come up with something of their own. Same rights as heterosexuals but not called marrige

Let them call it something else. Same rights but anything else. It's not really a marriage in my opinion. It's a legal arrangement to save money. Call it "cheating the system". I've always like the ring to that phrase[/b][/i].

Would you believe that in the city of Asheville, that 2 gay people, if one of them is a city employee then no matter what the "life partner"(that's what is WAS called around these parts) recieved any and ALL your benefits till THEY die. WTF?.. A MARRIED woman has to go thru 9 yards of sh** to get ANY fkn thing from the gov. for any benefits.
 I think that's straight sh**.........
......Then again, Asheville has become one WEIRD M.Fkn place in the last 15yrs..(even in Rolling Stone 2x over the movement ::))

Like the 80's "Valley Girl" thing.. ::) It's like, Oh...My GOD.......
"Gag me with a spoon ok"........... :D :D :D
........."History repeats itself".................
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2012, 10:21:43 PM »
........."History repeats itself".................

...thats an awesome arrangement of dots displayed there, batman...

;)

...oh, f***...i'm cross-posting ideas now....

..is that a violation??
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:23:47 PM by wordslinger »

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2012, 10:25:13 PM »

...thats an awesome arrangement of dots displayed there, batman...

..........I borrowed the idea  ;)........
      ............Figure some DOTS are in order...........
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »
..is that a violation??

BADA BOOM... BADA BING....
........It's a TERRIBLE ting..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2012, 10:33:50 PM »
..cry foul on social issues...its okay..

..complain about the price of fuel..sure...

..agree, dis-agree, we all cant get along all the time...

..but please....don't censor my dots.......

...i'm thinking when i make dots, and dang....

...what was i saying?..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2012, 10:39:36 PM »
..but please....don't censor my dots.......

.......KEEP THE DOTS......KEEP THE DOTS......KEEP THE DOTS......KEEP THE DOTS.........KEEP THE DOTS
...... :D  ;D  ;D....I vote we keep em......  ;)   :P
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2012, 10:45:14 PM »
................................................................................................YO! ...Batt's...You're...down...for...Carrabelle,right!..........................................................................................

I have everything covered on this end. Transport/Housing/food/recreation/beer/everything! Just bring clothes, and a gas can!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()